Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Whats your favourite/favorite PS2 game?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

I have to say God of War 2. That first sitting was absolutely amazing. I got through the whole game the day I got it. I had so much fun and was blown away by the fact I was playing a PS2 game. The combat is a whole level above the originals (ok its not THAT much better, but I like the combat much more than the first's.)

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By calidan777

I'd say it's a tie between God of War II and Shadow of the Colossus.Both of those were amazing experiences that really pushed the PS2.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

PS2 was such a great console with so many awesome titles I refuse to narrow it down to a single title. Refuse sir.

MikPick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MikPick

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, which also happens to be my favorite game of all time.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By copycatzen

I used to play a lot of winning eleven (i dont remember exactly but I think it was WE10)
    shanchett99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shanchett99

well.
     i cant narrow it but.

quake 3(good replay value in it as well)
    the eyetoy games
    P4(yes, even b4 the ER)
    Shadow of the colossus
    shadow the hedgehog
    OKAMI

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Sly Cooper

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By KME93

Hmmmm............. 
    I think my favorite has to be Kingdom Hearts 2, but DBZ:Budokai 3 is a very close second
    ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShadowKiller

Probably Jak 3. I played the shit out of that game

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai
    @lemon360: DId you play the First God of War?
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By yakov456

I have played so many it's hard to remember. One that sticks out in my head is Yakuza 2. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

Either Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts 2.  I've played the crap out of both of them.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai
    • ICO
    • Shadow of the Colossus (I Know you'll LOOVE this one Lemon)
    • God of War 1 & 2
    • Basically every Ratchet and Clank game...minus Deadlocked. I didn't like Ratchet: Deadlocked at all.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oh man, too many to choose from... I'll say Gradius V. 

Incidentally I hated God of War II... The original was much better IMHO.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok

I don't know... I liked a lot of the ones I played... Hmm...

The first thing that came to mind when I read the question, though (besides why you put favourite/favorite) is Dragon Quest VIII.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By djstyles92

Persona 4!!!  FFX!!!

wroxtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By wroxtar
    @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    • Basically every Ratchet and Clank game...minus Deadlocked. I didn't like Ratchet: Deadlocked at all.
    "
    Hey why not Ratchet: Deadlocked? I have that game. And it's the only one I have from that series.

Please let me know whats so special about other titles? Should I go for the others? I thought this was the best in the series and hence got it.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama
    @c1337us said:
    " PS2 was such a great console with so many awesome titles I refuse to narrow it down to a single title. Refuse sir. "
    this exactly
    redgauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By redgauss

Only one? GT4.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By Atlas

I've had a PS2 for a couple of months, and the games I've most enjoyed playing have been Tekken 5, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Capcom vs. SNK 2. I really should crack open my copies of Okami and Shadow of the Colossus, though.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Kiemoe

Final Fantasy X

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Damian

Shadow of the Colossus. It sits pretty high on my all-time list. And PS2 is on top of my console list. So it goes to show the effect that game can have. I can see myself putting the game in 10 years from now and still amazed at what Team Ico did on that absolutely awe-inspiring title.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#23  Edited By AgentJ

GOW wouldn't even be in the running for me. Perhaps one of the Metal Gears...

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shazam

I seem to always answer Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee to any question relating to the PS2 but that game was just that damn good.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By skidd
    @wroxtar said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    Hey why not Ratchet: Deadlocked? I have that game. And it's the only one I have from that series.  Please let me know whats so special about other titles? Should I go for the others? I thought this was the best in the series and hence got it. "
    Its an alright game, but compared to the rest of the series, it wasnt up there. But it depends on what you prefer - Deadlocked was more combat based, the other games allowed for more exploration, variety and platforming. For me, RaC: Up Your Arsenal is by far the best one. Its worth checking out (if you liked Deadlocked enough), and probably pretty cheap too...
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hockeymask27

Socom 2. I am not sure if it was because socom 2 was one of the only good online games on the playstation 2 during it's time are something else,but everyone played it. Now in days most people beside the hardcore fan of certian games switch shooters every couple of months. Howver if you owned ps2 and an online adapter you were playing socom  2. Man the memories I had.

wroxtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wroxtar
    @skidd said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    Hey why not Ratchet: Deadlocked? I have that game. And it's the only one I have from that series.  Please let me know whats so special about other titles? Should I go for the others? I thought this was the best in the series and hence got it. "
    Its an alright game, but compared to the rest of the series, it wasnt up there. But it depends on what you prefer - Deadlocked was more combat based, the other games allowed for more exploration, variety and platforming. For me, RaC: Up Your Arsenal is by far the best one. Its worth checking out (if you liked Deadlocked enough), and probably pretty cheap too... "
    Hey thanks for the response skidd!

I will definitely get the one suggested by you. I really hoped for some great platforming stuff, exploration and adventure when I got Ratchet : Deadlocked. But it wasn't quite there. I was wondering why was it rated the best among others in the series on gamespot. Gamespot ratings suck, I know. But I will definitely get Up your Arsenal this weekend for sure.
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGodPoet
    @wroxtar said:
    " @skidd said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    Its an alright game, but compared to the rest of the series, it wasnt up there. But it depends on what you prefer - Deadlocked was more combat based, the other games allowed for more exploration, variety and platforming. For me, RaC: Up Your Arsenal is by far the best one. Its worth checking out (if you liked Deadlocked enough), and probably pretty cheap too... "
    Hey thanks for the response skidd!  I will definitely get the one suggested by you. I really hoped for some great platforming stuff, exploration and adventure when I got Ratchet : Deadlocked. But it wasn't quite there. I was wondering why was it rated the best among others in the series on gamespot. Gamespot ratings suck, I know. But I will definitely get Up your Arsenal this weekend for sure. "
    You might wanna start with the first one. Some things you might not understand if you don't play it and it's a pretty good game.
    wroxtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wroxtar

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty blew me off totally. Especially when I came to know that it was made way back in 2001. Man what it must have been to gamers when it was released. Great concept, gripping cutscenes, out of the world storyline and most importantly, our hero, who never calls himself one, SOLID SNAKE was back with a bang. He is one great man indeed. Wish he was in real...lol! I really loved the intro music...it inspired to me play the game every time I switched on my ps2. 

So far the best game on ps2...though before this it was GOD OF WAR II.

But MGS2: SOL has to be the best so far among the games that I have played.

Maybe MGS 3: Subsistence takes this position over, when I start playing it. It still resides on my shelf untouched with the SOLID SNAKE glaring into my eyes every time I pass by...:)

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By skidd
    @wroxtar: Hey, no worries! 
    Yeah, agree with you there - it had some good stuff, but not quite as good as it could be. Hopefully UYA will offer that balance of combat, platforming, exploration etc. that you were looking for. Enjoy!
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By sjschmidt93
    San Andreas. MGS2 is a close second I guess.

@Mordukai
    said:

"

• ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    Tools of Destruction was the first R&C game that I played so I went and bought the original and Going Commando. I played the original for about 3 hours and gave up. It was very difficult and just not fun at all. Either I'm just crazy or it doesn't  hold up. Do you think Going Commando would hold up anymore? I haven't even tried it yet. Maybe I'll try Up Your Arsenal.
    wroxtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wroxtar
    @Sincillian said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @skidd said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    Hey thanks for the response skidd!  I will definitely get the one suggested by you. I really hoped for some great platforming stuff, exploration and adventure when I got Ratchet : Deadlocked. But it wasn't quite there. I was wondering why was it rated the best among others in the series on gamespot. Gamespot ratings suck, I know. But I will definitely get Up your Arsenal this weekend for sure. "
    You might wanna start with the first one. Some things you might not understand if you don't play it and it's a pretty good game. "
    And which one was the first one? DEADLOCKED?
    vexx919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vexx919

i really like final fantasy 12 
    good game play and it looks pretty good

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGodPoet

I can't decide my favorite game so I'll just list a few. 

• Sly Cooper series- Really great games. There really should be a next gen sequel. 
    • Ratchet and Clank series- Should be the most repetitive game ever but it's actually one of the most fun and entertaining games I've played.
    • Jak and Daxter series- Something about these games is just unique.
    • Persona 4- Probably is my favorite game.
    • Final Fantasy X- Borrowed it from my friend and it blew my mind. First Final Fantasy game I've played.
    • Kingdom Hearts series- Played the second one for 8 hours straight.
    • Prince of Persia series- Being able to run up a wall, jump off, and cut off a guys head is satsifying.
    • Destroy all Humans series- Simply because each game was hilarious and playing it with a horny homicidal alien was awesome.
    Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Damian
    @Shazam said:
    " I seem to always answer Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee to any question relating to the PS2 but that game was just that damn good. "
    That was PS1. But I guess it counts if you played it on PS2 for the first time.
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGodPoet
    @wroxtar said:
    " @Sincillian said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @skidd said:
    " @wroxtar said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    • ICO
    • God of War 1 & 2
    "
    You might wanna start with the first one. Some things you might not understand if you don't play it and it's a pretty good game. "
    And which one was the first one? DEADLOCKED? "
    It's just called Ratchet and Clank. Not including graphics I think it still holds up gameplay wise.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By Heartagram

God of War 1 and 2, With Persona 3 very close

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By skidd
    @Sincillian: Thats a fair point, that was also an excellent game. I think he'd be able to get up up to speed with things from previous game fairly quickly though (use the wiki if not). Plus, I think it offers a refinement of mechanics etc. 

@wroxtar: Deadlocked was the 4th in series, and its fairly different to the original. 

@SJSchmidt93: If you didnt like GC, you probably wouldnt enjoy UYA, theyre similar enough in style
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheGodPoet
    @skidd 

True. UYA in my opinion is the best in the series. It's also not that hard to get up to speed but I think he should play it because the game has an excellent story and who wouldn't want to see Ratchet and Clank starting off.
    skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By skidd
    @Sincillian said:
    " @skidd 

True. UYA in my opinion is the best in the series. It's also not that hard to get up to speed but I think he should play it because the game has an excellent story and who wouldn't want to see Ratchet and Clank starting off.
    "
    Yeah, agree with you there.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Jeust
    @vexx919 said:

" i really like final fantasy 12  good game play and it looks pretty good "

I agree... 

But for me was Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams... 

<dead mary> 

In my dreams i see that town. 

Silent Hill... 

Remember you told me you'd take me there again. 

Well i'm there now... 

Waiting in our special place. 

</dead mary>  

Such a great game!
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By Griddler
    • MGS2
    • Jak and Daxter The Percursor Legacy
    • GTA San Andreas
    • SSX 3
    • Prince of Persia Sands of Time

Can't think of many more at the moment.
    wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#44  Edited By wwfundertaker

All the GTA games and Final Fantasy games, but honestly too many to pick from.

Banjo_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Banjo_ace

kingdom hearts 

wroxtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wroxtar

Hey hey wait,

this is not fair. I thought this thread was about posting your favortie GAME and not GAMES!

I will repeat my post with the best picks...lol

Cannot do with just one game on a library of more than 2500 titles!

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vitefish

Metal Gear Solid 3 is not only my favorite PS2 game, but my favorite game of all time.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By rjayb89

GTA: San Andreas.  My first Grand Theft Auto game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.