Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Add our PSN's to Giantbomb?

Avallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Avallon

Is this a feature that is being added soon?
    I linked my Gamertag (and tried to link my Steam account), but there is no option for PSN Tags.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pessh

Nope, they tried but Sony didn't like it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, they actually went to all the trouble of integrating PSN trophies into the site and it was running for about 24 hours before Sony emailed them telling them they weren't looking to have trophies integrated into sites at this time and that they had to take it down.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

We used to have it but like Pessh said, Sony didn't like it so we had to remove the feature. I don't know why but whenever Sony decides to let us use it (along with other sites) then we can implement it quickly since the staff still has all the coding and stuff. For now though you'll just have to ignore it.

Avallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avallon

That's kind of lame...

Thanks for the incredibly quick replies, though.  Is there a "my game collection" feature somewhere on this site?  (I'm obviously new).

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore
    @Avallon said:
    " That's kind of lame...  Thanks for the incredibly quick replies, though.  Is there a "my game collection" feature somewhere on this site?  (I'm obviously new). "
    Make a list.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By luce

My bomb threats didn't work. Sony won't budge...

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By erinfizz
    @Avallon: You can either start a list from your profile, or go to individual game pages and click "add to list" near the upper right.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By nukesniper
    @luce said:
    " My bomb threats didn't work. Sony won't budge... "
    Darn. I do find that I would rather play games on Xbox so I can have my achievements compared with this community. I really with Sony would allow the Trophy syncing here if only for that fact. Working to get trophies is less fun when my 3 PSN friends don't give a crap about what I play.
    Avallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avallon
    @erinfizz said:
    " @Avallon: You can either start a list from your profile, or go to individual game pages and click "add to list" near the upper right. "
    Awesome, thanks.

@nukesniper said:

" @luce said:

Darn. I do find that I would rather play games on Xbox so I can have my achievements compared with this community. I really with Sony would allow the Trophy syncing here if only for that fact. Working to get trophies is less fun when my 3 PSN friends don't give a crap about what I play. "
    I play a lot of 360 games on my PC (Mass Effect 2) so those achievements are just for me I guess.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By nukesniper
    @Avallon said:

@nukesniper said:

" @luce said:

Darn. I do find that I would rather play games on Xbox so I can have my achievements compared with this community. I really with Sony would allow the Trophy syncing here if only for that fact. Working to get trophies is less fun when my 3 PSN friends don't give a crap about what I play. "
    I play a lot of 360 games on my PC (Mass Effect 2) so those achievements are just for me I guess. "
    That's fair. I still enjoy the prospect of trophies and achievements in my PS3 games or games like Dragon Age on the PC, but having the community here gives my Xbox achievements a little more meaning.
    Avallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Avallon

I like having achievements/trophies viewable by other people.  I wish the PC achievements weren't specific to those games.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By CharleyTony

It is lame that Sony does trophies just to shut people up. Allowing a site to track them would help people care about them. 
    They have a lot of things to learn in that department...
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demyx
    @Gamer_152 said:
    "

Yeah, they actually went to all the trouble of integrating PSN trophies into the site and it was running for about 24 hours before Sony emailed them telling them they weren't looking to have trophies integrated into sites at this time and that they had to take it down.

"
    I think they'd prefer everyone to visit their own website to look at all that info.
    mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By mrcellophane
    @nukesniper said:
    Working to get trophies is less fun when my 3 PSN friends don't give a crap about what I play. "
    I care! Well, if you're looking for someone to trophy-compete with, feel free to add me :) (my PSN ID is MaPeRo)
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By copycatzen
    @MrCellophane said:
    " @nukesniper said:
    Working to get trophies is less fun when my 3 PSN friends don't give a crap about what I play. "
    I care! Well, if you're looking for someone to trophy-compete with, feel free to add me :) (my PSN ID is MaPeRo) "

I care too, lest see what you got ( PSN ID: Copycatzen )
    ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ErrorOperator

Quick question, im not wanting to hijack the thread... but can i intergrate my silver account achievements?

EDIT: 

Yes I can!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.