Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Enjoying the PS3 experience

Riven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By Riven

The XBOX 360 is great console, which is one reason why I made it my first purchase of this generation, but also because I saw the PS3 as a somewhat redundant platform, with little to offer that Microsoft's console didn't already have and that certainly had much lacking. However with having recently bought a PS3 and experiencing it for the first time, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised - the thing oozes quality, both in the hardware (specs and perceived reliability) and in the slickness of the interface. I feel that the extra cost has netted me a higher end device, which also happens to have some great exclusive games that I feel make the PS3 well worth the price of admission. This is not to say I don't believe there should be a price cut of course!

Riven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Riven

The XBOX 360 is great console, which is one reason why I made it my first purchase of this generation, but also because I saw the PS3 as a somewhat redundant platform, with little to offer that Microsoft's console didn't already have and that certainly had much lacking. However with having recently bought a PS3 and experiencing it for the first time, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised - the thing oozes quality, both in the hardware (specs and perceived reliability) and in the slickness of the interface. I feel that the extra cost has netted me a higher end device, which also happens to have some great exclusive games that I feel make the PS3 well worth the price of admission. This is not to say I don't believe there should be a price cut of course!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

Word homie!  Grats on your purchase.  There are some amazing games to had on the PS3 for sure and it's well worth the cost of admission.

I usually get every single system every single generation.  I don't understand why people have to hate so much and do the whole "console wars" thing... it's kinda lame. 

I just wish Sony and Microsoft would collaborate on 1 console and make the XStation420!  The most amazing system and online experience of our lives!! :p

Riven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Riven

Now you're talkin', that new Sonysoft console is exactly what we need.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

ps3 is the best. congrats on your purchase.

im not a troll

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter
    Riven said:
    "Now you're talkin', that new Sonysoft console is exactly what we need."
    the SS for short but what buttons would be used letters or shapes or both
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By pissedoffthewitch
    Riven said:
    "Now you're talkin', that new Sonysoft console is exactly what we need."
    sonysoft! brilliant
    Riven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Riven
    trophyhunter said:
    Riven said: "Now you're talkin', that new Sonysoft console is exactly what we need." the SS for short but what ... [more]

@trophyhunter: Well I'd say something like this:

:p
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    Riven said:
    trophyhunter said: Riven said: "Now you're talkin', that new Sonysoft console is exactly what we need." the SS for short ... [more]
    Numbers! Muhahaha
    Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dovey

The 360 and PS3 are both awesome consoles offer a vastly different experience as we are getting deeper into this generation.  One thing with PS3 is that their are some exclusives there that I feel Sony don't konw about and these are great games like Valkyria Chronicles.  Don't forget about them because they offer a far better experience then some of the Sony tauted exclusives do.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dovey

The 360 and PS3 are both awesome consoles offer a vastly different experience as we are getting deeper into this generation.  One thing with PS3 is that their are some exclusives there that I feel Sony don't konw about and these are great games like Valkyria Chronicles.  Don't forget about them because they offer a far better experience then some of the Sony tauted exclusives do.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By kilzombie
    @Dovey: Valkyria Chronicles is awesome! One of my favourite games this gen. It's a shame it isnt selling as much as it deserves. It really is a rare gem, that's well worth the time and money.
    Riven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Riven
    Dovey said:
    The 360 and PS3 are both awesome consoles offer a vastly different experience as we are getting deeper into this ... [more]

I keep hearing good things about Valkyria, but while I enjoy RPGs I haven't ever gotten into Strategy RPGs...maybe I need to re-evaluate?
    The other thing I've noticed about the PS3 is that to me at least, PSN has a selection of more appealing titles than Live Arcade, though each store does compliment the other in a way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.