Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

good shooters for ps3?

KrazyKanuck488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KrazyKanuck488

i was just wondering what are the good shooters on the ps3. please do not say MW or any cod because i have them on xbox. i still have no games. i played the killzone and resistance demo and was not that impressed. no comparison to xbox's exclusives. 

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nekroskop

Killzone 2 is the only good exclusive shooter I know of. The demo doesn't do it justice at all. Resistance 1 and 2 are alright, definitly on par with Halo's mediocracy.(if you enjoy that kind of thing)
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

Any game that starts out "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" IS going to be a very very good game.  Wait, what good games does xbox hold exclusive?  I don't know of any?  Resistance 2 has a demo?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By K0rN

KZ2
    xync4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By xync4

uncharted (especially 2) has some fun shooting!
    just not first person...

admittedly the ps3 isn't the #1 place for exclusive FPSes
    just some great quirky downloadables + the gran turismos and metal gear solids out there

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By fugie7
    @KrazyKanuck488: you can try socom  confrontation. i thought it was pretty decent shooter game along with killzone 2.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Andorski

Skip the Resistance series.

As for Killzone 2, the single player is average, but the multiplayer is great.  32 players, customized classes with skill progression, large environments, and a good focus on teamwork.  It's games like Killzone 2, Warhawk, and even Resistance (so long as you like the gameplay; I'm personally not a fan) that show the strength of the PS3 and PSN: large online gaming with frantic gameplay that runs smoothly with little lag.  Meanwhile, you have Epic trying to figure out how to make a 5 vs. 5 game run without having people get disconnected.

Also, you can try the MAG demo, although I myself did not really like what that game was about.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Daveyo520

You can so shoot guns in Uncharted 2. You should get that game, I've heard it's good :P.  As for FPS's you got the wrong console.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

As far as FPS go, the PS3's main ones are Killzone 2 and the Resistance series. Both are very good games, but both also are a required taste. There is also SOCOM, though not necessarily a FPS, I would say that it counts as well. As previously stated, the demo's don't do the games complete justice. Also, you should definitely look into the MAG beta and try that out.

JesseJ79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JesseJ79

True, Xbox 360 is the console that is more focused on FPS.  PS3's exclusive FPS games are really good although they don't have the same mass appeal that Halo has.  PC is the best platform for FPS.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @ahaisthisourchance said:

"Killzone 2 is the only good exclusive shooter I know of. The demo doesn't do it justice at all. Resistance 1 and 2 are alright, definitly on par with Halo's mediocracy.(if you enjoy that kind of thing) "

I agree with this post, killzone 2 is the game that's good, resistance games, well maybe you should skip those or rent it. I like the first game alot, not the second one though. I'm being honest here, you might not like it.  

My only proof to my statement is that killzone 2 is 90% on gamerankings or higher, it pass the quality test of all reviewers, resistance games, well I think it's the same score of 87%, I could be wrong. The second game has too much die and try again and figure out where to stand or die again gameplay on normal difficulty. My suggestion is killzone 2 is your game. Just be aware it's a bit difficult for the aim however killzone 2 has a unique cover system. You can aim foward when your peeking out of cover and keep aiming forward when your in cover, rather than your back against the cover.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill

shooters:
    killzone 2 - full game is better than the demo and its online is fantastic
    resistance series - the first one i find ok (probably better at first launch) but resistance 2 i think was better in every way possible (except no weapon wheel)
    uncharted - its a action adventure game but shooting is a big part of it and the story is fantastic and the 2nd one it gets even better (also 2nd has online)
    MAG - comes out on the 26th and i think the beta was great
    socom confrontation - some people like it but i dont like it... also has like 3 gigs worth of updates by now..

@ReaperOfLiving said:

"  Resistance 2 has a demo? "
    he means resistance 1.  2 doesnt have a demo.
    Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Somadude

Killzone or the Uncharted games, both offer plenty of great shooting.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

If you count Uncharted 2 as a shooter, that would be my pick. Don't find any PS3 shooters to be good after you play them just a few times.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @fugie7 said:
    " @KrazyKanuck488: you can try socom  confrontation.
    Are you trying to force into to commit suicide or something!?
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By fugie7
    @ADTR_ZERO:  first off i think you were trying to say ''are you trying to force him to commit sucide or something'' that's what i think you were trying to say, but anyways he ask whats a good  fsp game  i merely was stating my opinion on what i thought was good game. its his choice if he wants to play socom or not.
    ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
    @shadows_kill said:
    " shooters:
    killzone 2 - full game is better than the demo and its online is fantastic
    resistance series - the first one i find ok (probably better at first launch) but resistance 2 i think was better in every way possible (except no weapon wheel)
    uncharted - its a action adventure game but shooting is a big part of it and the story is fantastic and the 2nd one it gets even better (also 2nd has online)
    MAG - comes out on the 26th and i think the beta was great
    socom confrontation - some people like it but i dont like it... also has like 3 gigs worth of updates by now..

@ReaperOfLiving said:
    "  Resistance 2 has a demo? "
    he means resistance 1.  2 doesnt have a demo. "
    I thought Resistance: FOM was terrible but Resistance 2 is my second favorite game of all time.   And I believe there was a R2 beta?
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By RobotHamster

Pixeljunk Shooter, it has shooter in the name! 

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sopranosfan

I like Resistance...and an 87 Metacritic score is pretty solid.  So obviously a lot of reviewers like it as well

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By habster3

Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2 Uncharted 2; oh and Rogue Warrior (just kidding! Or am I?....)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By mordukai
    @KrazyKanuck488:  
    You really should give Killzone 2 a fair chance. Frankly I  wasn't impressed with the demo either but I went out and rented and believe me the demo doesn't do a very good job conveying how good this game is. I went and bought the game the same day I rented it. OK, the story is not that good but the gameplay is solid and the shooting...AHHH the shooting, is so much fun and stratifying. It's also got a very good MP, and that's coming from a guy who don't have much affinity for MP. Not to mention that it's got some of the best graphics I've seen in video game consoles. 
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By shadows_kill
    @ReaperOfLiving said:
    "
    I thought Resistance: FOM was terrible but Resistance 2 is my second favorite game of all time.   And I believe there was a R2 beta? "
    yeah they had a beta (i was in it and it was tons of fun ^^) but the beta doesnt go on after the game is released..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.