Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

im getting a ps3

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Tarsier

after all these years on a count of i need something to play nino kuni and the last of us and journey on.

what other exclusive gams are on ps3 or psn that i would like to play???

some of my favorite games of recent times that ive enjoyed on xbox have been mass effect trilogy, halo games, valve games, bad company 2 games, zeno clash , braid, ilomilo, raskulls, worms games, etc .

thanks ALSO does anyone have recommendations for xbox 360-like ps3 controllers thank you

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

The Uncharted and inFamous series.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stete

Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

@mwng: I bought that game yesterday, played an hour, doesn't seem to great so far..

But to answer the OP, The Ratchet and Clank games are great, if you ignore All 4 One.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@msavo said:

The Uncharted and inFamous series.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Every time I bought a 3rd party PS3 controller that tries to copy 360 it turns out crap so instead I bought Gioteck Real Triggers that clip on to the PS3's triggers.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Vextroid

MGS HD + MGS 4

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Get Playstation Plus. Valkyria Chronicles, InFamous 1 and 2, God of War, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Heavenly Sword are some of the best exclusives that I can name off of the top of my head.

Also:

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

coming next week.

@Hizang said:

@mwng: I bought that game yesterday, played an hour, doesn't seem to great so far..

But to answer the OP, The Ratchet and Clank games are great, if you ignore All 4 One.

The first hour is a little boring, but it gets much better later on.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones

Uncharted series Heavy Rain God of War Uncharted series Metal Gear Solid 4 + hd collection Uncharted series Uncharted series

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

I'm sorry did I forget to say the uncharted series? Well get that. To be serious though, Sony just put out a ton of collections for their first party games including god of war, kill zone, and resistance. I'd suggest all those....... And uncharted.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By posh

prince of persia HD collection, ico & shadow of the colossus HD, ratchet and clank future, uncharted 2 (and 3 i guess), MGS4, and that's about it. motorstorm is alright if you like that kind of thing, and resistance games were fun to play online when they came out. maybe pick up the first resistance if you can get it cheap and see if anyone's still online.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ExplodeMode

Check out Dyad and Shatter on PSN. Watch the video review and QL on Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time.

If you like 2D Zelda games, 3D Dot Game Heroes is good.

Yakuza 4 is a JRPG Brawler set in modern Japan. Just based on that description you should know if you want to play it or not.

If you like Dark Souls at all, Demon's Souls is a no brainer.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    No Caption Provided
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671
    Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tarsier

thanks guy, that mod nation racers looks like an interesting game. ive never been interested in any of the 'big' ps3 exclusives, like uncharted, infamous, resistance, god of war, final fantasy, kill zone.. or any of that stuff.. i dont know why but those games have always just struck me as incredibly boring and flawed in ways that are too significant for me to be interested . .

thats one of the main reasons its taken me so long to contemplate getting a ps3. .

modnation looks cool.

also thinking about tokyo jungle. forgot about that one

how is fat princess? does that still have a reasonable community? i remember being interested in that when it was released

what kind of stuff does playstation plus , and the PSN come with that i would like ?? how is the movie service ? do they have a giant selection of videos that i can download and watch on there? what are some other things aside from games that would get me stoked on this

Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Camoufrage

@Tarsier: PS+ is probably a good decision if you are buying a PS3. It pretty much gives you access to tons of games the second you sign up for it. I think right now you can get the GOW Ascension beta along with some old PS1 games and minis. It will also give you discounts. I'm not sure if its still happening but I think Tokyo Jungle is on discount for PS+ users in fact.

The movie service has a good selection but pretty expensive. You can find most movies you want but you should expect to pay around 4 bucks each to rent each one.

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SagaciousJones

God Hand, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, and Okami HD are all available on PSN. I can't say if the emulation quality is better for playing God Hand than on the PS2, but I have it on good authority that the two Vanillaware games play much better than their on native console.

There are also a ton of fantastic PS1-era JRPGs available, such as Xenogears, Vagrant Story, and Chrono Cross. Of course, if you already own the discs for a Playstation game, they're backwards compatible with any PS3 model (sadly, the same can't be said for PS2 games).

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tarsier

thanks for the sugestions i have done a lot of digging and i have remembered why i was an xbox person in the first place. i can count the amount of games i am stoked for on the ps3 on one hand. a lot of these games are marketed to a kind of person that i am not.

how about upcoming ps3 or psn exclusives that are to be released soon??

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By casper_

play some disgaea and watch your life fall apart

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aetheldod

If you like Dark Souls ... there is Demons´Souls which is PS3 exclusive

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tarsier

yea im thinking about demon souls but wondering how it is in terms of jank. there were a bunch of problems with dark souls that were absolutely horrible to wade through.. not because they were difficult or challenging, but because they were poorly designed and buggy. i love the game by the way, but im thinking the previous game in the series might have more of those problems to the point that it becomes too much .

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SagaciousJones

@Tarsier said:

yea im thinking about demon souls but wondering how it is in terms of jank

As someone who has the Platinum Trophy, I think I'm qualified to say I've seen all of the jank that game has to offer and it is plentiful. Not so much in outright bugginess (I think it's all very intentional, love it or hate it), but rather in obscure systems that weren't implemented very well (world tendency and co-op) and much more obtuse level design. Did you like Blighttown and New Londo? Prepare for an entire game of that, except you don't get checkpoints along the way.

Personally, I enjoyed Demon's Souls for different reasons than I enjoyed Dark Souls, but it sounds like the archaism will turn you away.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kerned

@Tarsier: I played Dark Souls first; it's one of my favorite games ever. I bought a PS3 in part so I could play Demon's Souls. I still haven't finished it. There are a LOT of things that Dark Souls just does so much better, and it was hard to go backwards.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Marcsman

My vote is for Ni no Kuni

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Lair and Calling All Cars

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Jeust

@SagaciousJones said:

God Hand, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, and Okami HD are all available on PSN. I can't say if the emulation quality is better for playing God Hand than on the PS2, but I have it on good authority that the two Vanillaware games play much better than their on native console.

There are also a ton of fantastic PS1-era JRPGs available, such as Xenogears, Vagrant Story, and Chrono Cross. Of course, if you already own the discs for a Playstation game, they're backwards compatible with any PS3 model (sadly, the same can't be said for PS2 games).

Odin Sphere is pretty but it's boring and shallow.

If you like horror get Siren: Blood Curse. A cool game, although not as good as the classic horror games.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior
    audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#30  Edited By audioBusting

Heavy Rain and PS+ and you're all set.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Levius
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skytylz

@Vextroid said:

MGS HD + MGS 4

MGS 2 and 3 do not hold up at all. If you go into those without much background and just looking to play a fun game, you're not in for a good time.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Wait... people actually still don't own PS3's?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By DarthOrange
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vextroid

@Skytylz said:

@Vextroid said:

MGS HD + MGS 4

MGS 2 and 3 do not hold up at all. If you go into those without much background and just looking to play a fun game, you're not in for a good time.

How do 2 and 3 not hold up today? I think they are still very playable today from both a mechanical and control standpoint. But that could just be the Metal Gear fan within me talking.

Also "go into those without much background", I would hope one does a little research on a game before playing it.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skytylz

@Vextroid said:

@Skytylz said:

@Vextroid said:

MGS HD + MGS 4

How do 2 and 3 not hold up today? I think they are still very playable today from both a mechanical and control standpoint. But that could just be the Metal Gear fan within me talking.

Also "go into those without much background", I would hope one does a little research on a game before playing it.

They are on the verge of unplayable if you've never played them before, as a fairly casual MGS fan I had major issues pushing myself throught the game. I had to fucking look up how to shoot while I aimed for gods sake.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tarsier

anything upcoming to look for ?

that i couldnt play on an xbox . as you see my name is green, xbox has been my console of choice for a long time. right now the only reasons im getting a ps3 are for nino kuni, journey, flower, noby noby boy and the blu ray player, and the movie rental service.. if there are mutli platform games i play them on either xbox or pc.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

Heavy rain and metal gear solid 4! :) feel free to add me on ps3 if you want friends :)

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tarsier

@SagaciousJones said:

@Tarsier said:

yea im thinking about demon souls but wondering how it is in terms of jank

As someone who has the Platinum Trophy, I think I'm qualified to say I've seen all of the jank that game has to offer and it is plentiful. Not so much in outright bugginess (I think it's all very intentional, love it or hate it), but rather in obscure systems that weren't implemented very well (world tendency and co-op) and much more obtuse level design. Did you like Blighttown and New Londo? Prepare for an entire game of that, except you don't get checkpoints along the way.

Personally, I enjoyed Demon's Souls for different reasons than I enjoyed Dark Souls, but it sounds like the archaism will turn you away.

ah thanks yes then i wont be getting demon souls

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tarsier

ok its over. i bought the ps3 with nino kuni. dammit all i still need help justifying this lol

edit: ok i just obtained an old stick. this was worth it.

edit2: just played journey. my mouth was dried and my eyes were watery on a count of not closing either the entire time. also i may have almost cried multiple times. dont regret the purchase one bit. also nino kuni rules.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.