Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Need help ASAP PS3 hook up?

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Cash

So what is the deal. I have my PS3 hooked up to my HDMI tv. So last night I wanted to put in on my other tv up in my office. The tv in my office is an older 720p hd lcd and I would havce to use componenet cables. Which I have and I have used them before when I had my PS3 hooked up to it before awhile back.

Anyway so it will not work blank screen? So i say WTF then i'm like how lame ok maybe I need to change it to the componenet setting like dudh I new this but that means I have to gto back downstairs and do it on the other tv. But wait it will not save the setting?

So how the fuck do I do this? I mean why does the PS3 just reconize that it is hook up with componenet cables when I turn it on?

The only other thing I could think of is and I did not try it. Is that I see a software update is availible. i did not update the filmware I did not think I needed to. I figured I would just do it once I hooked it up upstairs. I mean I know you just can not go to PSN and stuff until you update.

So what the fuck is the deal how do I get my PS3 to turn on and reconize it is running from componenet cables? Oh and yes I had it set correct in the TV settings. So I know it is the PS3 still thinking it is set to HDMI?

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dr_Cash

Oh and yeah sorry for you spelling nazi on here. I was in a hurry and said fuck it.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By lord_canti

hold down the power button when  turning it on it automatically pics up the connection

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893

Componenent, Hehe.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

Yea holding down the power button resets it. As its currently set to HDMI this will clear the video/audio settings.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dr_Cash
    Drebin_893 said:
    Componenent, Hehe.
    What is so fucking funny. I have it hooked up to a 65in HD tv HDMI. i just wanted to bring it up in my office for a bit. i have a nice setup in my office also. No big deal 720p HD lcd 32in and if you know anything. 32in size will offer hardly much difference then 1080p. And I just run the red and white audio directly into my logitech sub and speaker setup with speakers mounted on my walls. Very nice setup. Just a few years old don't hate because I got this setup when I got a launch 360. Since then i've upgraded and have a HDMI 65in 1080p in my basement with another 360 and PS3 on it.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893

I'm laughing at "Componenent" you moron. Guess what? I have two 360's too! I just don't go on about it because I'm not an illiterate, boastful moron.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By subject2change

He's making fun of how you spelled it. Componenent like you had a typing stutter. Relax e-thug and you can use HDMI on 720p sets if they have it, apparently yours doesn't.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

As has already been mentioned, simply hold down the power button and the settings will be reset.

No need to be a dick.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dr_Cash
    Subject2Change said:
    Yea holding down the power button resets it. As its currently set to HDMI this will clear the video/audio settings. [more]
    Cool deal so all I do is just hold in the power on front of PS3. Sweet ok I'm going to go get Imfamous today. Only reason I'm doing this is because my sub blown out downstairs so until I buy a new sound system I figured I'll have some nice sound upstairs until then.
    Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dr_Cash
    Subject2Change said:
    He's making fun of how you spelled it. Componenent like you had a typing stutter. Relax e-thug and you can ... [more]
    I could do a HDMI to DVI convert. But If I did I would have to run the audio from the tv to the logitech. It sounds way better running directly into the logitech. I got good gold tipped cables for the PS3 for it so it looks nice I played Uncharted on this setup and looked ballz good.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

I refuse to believe you work in an office

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dr_Cash
    OmegaPirate said:
    I refuse to believe you work in an office
    I have a office in my house. A home office. Oh and yes I also work in a office.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gizmo

I really doubt your "gold-tipped" cables do anything that a $5 cable wouldn't do.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By chililili
    Gizmo said:
    I really doubt your "gold-tipped" cables do anything that a $5 cable wouldn't do.
    Let him be he still believes in the power of the monster cables
    Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dr_Cash
    chililili said:
    Gizmo said: I really doubt your "gold-tipped" cables do anything that a $5 cable wouldn't do. Let him be he ... [more]
    I said HDMI is all the same but for the Comp,cable Monster did offer a tad better image.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo
    Dr_Cash said:
    chililili said: Gizmo said: I really doubt your "gold-tipped" cables do anything that a $5 cable wouldn't do. Let him ... [more]
    No, no it didn't.

Oh well, I guess this is your way of helping the economy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.