Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS2 Greats on Blu-Ray

• 54 results
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Tekken 4-5 
    Resident Evil 2-4 
    Soul Calibur II-III.
    BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By BiG_Weasel
    @Lard said:
    " @agentboolen said:

" Seems like double dipping to me. "

That's exactly what it is.  Sony is fucking over customers - taking away BC and then re-releasing games. Bullshit.   I would have rather have NEW games for my PS3 then re-buy games I already own.  Anyone who willingly re-buys these is an idiot. "
    They're not targeting the people who already own these games, they're targeting people like me- who don't own a PS2 to play these games on (Traded mine in for a 360- STUPID!!!), or who may have missed playing them when they were released.  If you already have them on PS2, or have a BC-capable PS3, then you would' be stupid for re-buying them.  But, for me, having traded away my copy of GoW to get my 360, this is a definite boon.   

Plus, these are quick and easy conversions, and are pure profit for the publishers- which should translate into more capital to put into new titles.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By mattysen

Nocturne with friggin voice acting would be a dream! But it is not going to happen

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Lard
    @BiG_Weasel said:
    They're not targeting the people who already own these games, they're targeting people like me- who don't own a PS2 to play these games on (Traded mine in for a 360- STUPID!!!), or who may have missed playing them when they were released.  If you already have them on PS2, or have a BC-capable PS3, then you would' be stupid for re-buying them.  But, for me, having traded away my copy of GoW to get my 360, this is a definite boon.    Plus, these are quick and easy conversions, and are pure profit for the publishers- which should translate into more capital to put into new titles. "

No. What will happen when publishers see they can make a quick and easy profit is that the PS3 library will be flooded with these cheap collections thinking they can turn a quick buck. 

Bad news for the industry as a whole.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Demyx

For a few games, this is a fairly good idea, but I hope there isn't just a slew of old games on the PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.