What Other Rare PS2 Games Do You Want to See Released on PSN?

• 76 results
#1 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

So far it's been confirmed that God Hand, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Ring of Red and Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, are all PSN bound in both North America and Europe (Europe was later confirmed by Sony).

What other rarities would you like to see released in standard form on PSN - IE: no HD remaking. I'd personally like to see some Japanese games that never made it over, and maybe even some of those 1 - 2 collections, The Last Blade 1.2 would be nice, with the online mode intact..

Thoughts?

http://kotaku.com/5845974/rare-ps2-games-coming-to-the-playstation-network

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Really they nailed it with this first batch, I've always wanted to play God Hand and Odin Sphere so I'll be picking those up this week. Nothing else comes to mind but the Jak games except I want an HD re-release like what that did with Sly Cooper or ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collections.

#3 Posted by Axersia (1616 posts) -
It'd be nice if they released Maximo 2 as well considering how much better that game is. The original has simply not stood the test of time but the sequel is right up there with God Hand and DMC3 as one of the best and most challenging action games the system has to offer.

As for any other games... I dunno, most people are probably only interested in titles that just aren't that obscure and are probably already scheduled for an HD makeover.

The Jak series, for example, I could see either getting an HD collection or not getting re-released at all. I think the same is true for many Square Enix titles. Don't expect any of them to show up in this format for 10 bucks when they can get an extra 30 bucks out of you through minimal effort.
#4 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -

Mister Moskeeto!

#5 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Cheesebob said:

Mister Moskeeto!

Mosquito. Good choice, that's definitely one I'd like to see, along with Gregory Horrow Show.

#6 Posted by Commisar123 (1793 posts) -

Well I guess they aren't rare but Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 would be great to have on my hardrive

#7 Posted by Levius (1135 posts) -

Ring of Red fuck yeah I would like to see the non-persona smt stuff come to psn, not that rare but they interest me.

#8 Posted by Axersia (1616 posts) -
@Contro said:

@Cheesebob said:

Mister Moskeeto!

Mosquito. Good choice, that's definitely one I'd like to see, along with Gregory Horrow Show.

Oh man, Gregory Horror Show... I always thought I was the only person in the world that knew of its existence. That was a pretty decent game, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily double-dip if they released it on PSN.

After looking through my PS2 collection and wishlist I found a few more obscure games I'd like to see released in this fashion:

Kya: Dark Lineage 
Steambot Chronicles 
Monster Attack (Earth Defense Force 1) 
Global Defence Force (Earth Defense Force 2) 
Okage: Shadow King
King's Field IV 
Eternal Ring 

I'd probably buy all of those if they released them on PSN -- especially if they're compatible with the Vita.
#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -

All the SMT games

#10 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i thought Ring of Red was a 360 exclusive?

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4516 posts) -

Xenosaga and the SMT series (specifically the DDS games)

#12 Edited by ESREVER (2691 posts) -

The entire .hack series. Starting with Infection. That way I don't have to track them all down. I found Mutation recently and picked it up, and then was instantly reminded why I don't like to buy games USED... Oh, and the entire Fatal Frame series.

@Rhaknar said:

I saw someone on Kotaku already make that joke.

#13 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

if they put starwars battlefront out and let you use PSN that would be awesome

#14 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

The entire .hack series. Starting with Infection. That way I don't have to track them all down. I found Mutation recently and picked it up, and then was instantly reminded why I don't like to buy games USED... Oh, and the entire Fatal Frame series.

@Rhaknar said:

I saw someone on Kotaku already make that joke.

I dont read kotaku so it still counts! :(

#15 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

Harmonix before Guitar Hero Megapack!

#16 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

rpg maker

#17 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 2... oh, wait.

Nah, I'd like to see whatever that earthquake game was... can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I never played any rare PS2 games in my childhood, so I don't know any or want any.

#19 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Escape from Monkey Island, Persona 3 FES, and Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Just so I can get rid of my PS2.

I prefer gaming on consoles, even if it's much shittier, like in the case of Escape from Monkey Island. Persona 3 FES has more story, so I'd like to have that instead of the PSP version. Silent Hill 4: The Room isn't included in the new HD package.

I want to get rid of my PS2, already!

#20 Posted by dagas (2837 posts) -

I've already collected pretty much every PS2 game I want to play.

#21 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

if they put starwars battlefront out and let you use PSN that would be awesome
#22 Posted by GunstarRed (5187 posts) -

Gitaroo Man.

#23 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Parapa the Rapper!

#24 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Are these just straight ports? Can they run at 1080p?

I'd buy God Hand HD in a heartbeat.

#25 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

Are these just straight ports? Can they run at 1080p?

I'd buy God Hand HD in a heartbeat.

Not HD whatsoever. It is like the PS1 classics they've been releasing, the game as it was back than.

#26 Posted by supermonkey122 (817 posts) -

@Rhaknar said:

i c wut u did ther

#27 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

@marioncobretti said:

Gitaroo Man.

Yep. I was hoping for an XBLA/PSN release of that but I'd rebuy a PS2 version.

#28 Posted by Icemael (6321 posts) -

None. If I want to play a Playstation 2 game I'll buy a physical copy and play it on my Playstation 2.

#29 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

So they are putting this plan in motion. I knew that when they took out PS2 backwards compatibility it was so they could resell us these games, just surprised it took so long.

#30 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Hopefully they're cheap, never got the chance to play god hand so maybe I'll try that out.

#31 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Axersia said:

@Contro said:

@Cheesebob said:

Mister Moskeeto!

Oh man, Gregory Horror Show... I always thought I was the only person in the world that knew of its existence. That was a pretty decent game, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily double-dip if they released it on PSN. After looking through my PS2 collection and wishlist I found a few more obscure games I'd like to see released in this fashion: Kya: Dark Lineage Steambot Chronicles Monster Attack (Earth Defense Force 1) Global Defence Force (Earth Defense Force 2) Okage: Shadow KingKing's Field IV Eternal Ring I'd probably buy all of those if they released them on PSN -- especially if they're compatible with the Vita.

I'd love to see 3DS remake, I've been requesting one and posting my ideas on Capcom Unity since the 3DS's launch.

#32 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4678 posts) -

Trapt, Grandia 3, Shin Megami tensei: Nocturne, both Ar Tonelico games, both Shadow Heart games. Those are the main ones. The problem is If I would actually play those. I'm guessing not.

#33 Posted by jewunit (1061 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

Metal Gear Solid 2... oh, wait.

Nah, I'd like to see whatever that earthquake game was... can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Disaster Report? Raw Danger? I think it was one or the other.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I would like to see Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter and Capcom vs. SNK 2 released in this fashion. I think the former is possible, but the latter....not likely. As long as I'm dreaming, I would like it if SNK would get in on the act and add Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters XI to the mix. Level 5 could bring out their Dark Cloud games and Rogue Galaxy, but I would think they are focusing on their future titles. A lot of potential exists here, but I am unsure if companies will capitalize on it.

#34 Posted by ptys (1958 posts) -

US only for these, owe man! Hope they release them of the rest of us ASAP!

#35 Posted by Evenstar (61 posts) -

Silent Hill 3 (The best Silent Hill game ever)

Project Zero (Fatal Frame)

Haunting Ground

Obscure

Kingdom Hearts

#36 Edited by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

timesplitters

timesplitters 2

timesplitters future perfect

driv3r

driver paralel lines,

gta collection -3 vc san andreas

disaster report - a earthquake game i still havent beat this thing to this day dont even know where to go after getting off the bridge

#37 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Evenstar said:

Silent Hill 3 (The best Silent Hill game ever)

Project Zero (Fatal Frame)

Haunting Ground

Obscure

Kingdom Hearts

I definitely want these.

#38 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

I'd really love to play EyeToy Play with my PlayStation Eye camera. The original, not some remake that's not as good.

#39 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

since my ps3 is ps2 backwards compatible i dont need any but if the graphics were made ps3 like then timesplitters 2 would take the cake but the company who made that is no more and crytec cant possibly re do timesplitters 1 and 2 unless they go and get the original team members back

#40 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -

Resident Evil Outbreak File 1 & 2 ONLY if they bring back online play.

#41 Posted by usgrovers (166 posts) -

Okami would be nice, the Wii version isn't great.

#42 Posted by JAH_Donuts (183 posts) -

Amplitude

Rogue Galaxy

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

#43 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -

the first 2 yakuza games

#44 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
  • Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance

I love me some LoK. =3

#45 Posted by skadave (199 posts) -

Flipnic

#46 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Any of the Kinnikuman Muscle games.

#47 Posted by Rxanadu (508 posts) -

Dragon Quest 8

Gungrave

Killer7

#48 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

screw PS2, I am still waiting for Intelligent Qube (a PS1 game) to get released on the NA store.

#49 Posted by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank Ratchet and Clank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#50 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

Shadow of Rome would be great, until it was announced I would say DMC, but still.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.