Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Amazon UK now taking pre-orders but....

Ezkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ezkilla

Yeah woke up this morning to a email form amazon informing me that i could pre-order a PS4 whoop whoop

but its priced at £599.99 and there's still no release data. hopefully this will come down after E3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-4-PS4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369895004&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4

(and i know the Game.co.uk and asda where already taking pre-orders, but the were guaranteeing people systems the day after they were announced before they could know how many units they were getting.... and they were asking for £20!)

conantheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much was the PS3? I think it was the same but I am not sure.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I remember it being around £450 or so but my memory is pretty foggy. Neither console will be £599 that's an absolutely insane price.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

The Xbox One is the same price, they just put it up super high so if people pre-order they're only going to lower it. It looks better than if they raise it and then there's no risks of having to honour the lower price for those who did order early. Always happens and is the same with the games. Made the recent Twitter furore over FIFA 14 being £90 on Amazon pretty funny 'cause it's never going to stay at that price.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is "normal" that Amazon and other places put up an item for pre-order with a guess on the price. You can if you want pre-order one right now to guarentee your spot "in line" and you will be refunded or asked to pay more if the real price is announced and they need to adjust.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.