Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I just got a PS4. What games should I purchase?

• 58 results
    Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#51  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

@whitegreyblack: Hearing lots of good things about Until Dawn. I'll probably pick it up over the holidays.

@evilcalvin: The Witness seems like a good winter break game for me. I'll add it to the list.

@blu3v3nom07: The Last Guardian is something I've been waiting for a long time for. I hope it is at least OK.

@hippie_genocide:Street Fighter V seems like it might be getting to where it needs to be? I'll probably pick it up with the next sale.

@tesla:I'll add those to the list. I really want to try No Man's Sky for myself.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@colonel_pockets: The Witness,Axiom Verge,Furi,Olli Olli 1& 2,Hitman,Rocket League,ABZU,The Witcher 3,Titanfall 2,Battlefield 1,Mortal Kombat XL are all on XONE, also. Outlast,Not a Hero, and The Swapper, are good too.

Okay would be good.

• Driveclub
    • Tearaway Unfolded
    • Little Big Planet 3
    • Tomorrow Children
    • Danganronpa 1-2: Reload; V3: Killing Harmony
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Alienation
    • Super Stardust Ultra
    • Dragon Quest Heroes; II
    • Dragon Quest Builders
    • Helldivers
    • Knack II
    • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
    • Nier Automata
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@colonel_pockets: Add me up If you need help or just want to do some coop on Bloodborne. ID: The_RevisionIsm.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MLB16 The Show is an excellent option if you're into baseball sims.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Budwyzer

Instead of a list of exclusive games, I'll give a list of fun games that have split-screen exclusive to the PS4.

Diablo 3? Local coop is exclusive to the console version.

Don't Starve Together has split screen on PS4.

Nom Nom Galaxy is pretty fun

My wife enjoys Dungeon Defenders 2, but it runs like total ass on the original PS4 and I don't think the spec bump in the pro would be enough to make it run well.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I didn't see it posted yet, so, how about OlliOlli 2? Great little arcade game to play when you have little time or in between other games.

Did you play Hitman on your Xbox or PC already? That game is very excellent at what it does. Also I know you said you will already get Uncharted 4 but I just have to say that as someone who only just played through that game... holy shit. What a game what a game!

SupesDupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SupesDupes

- Last of Us Remastered (I know it was mentioned), might still be the best game I've played since getting a PS4.
    - Grab the Uncharted Remasters too and Uncharted 4 on a sale if you can.
    - Older game that's fantastic is Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.
    - Madden 17' - first one I've played since the PS2 era, fantastic rookie mode for beginners.
    - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - that'll suck up quite a few hours.
    - Rocket League is great for short gaming sessions.
    - Titanfall 2 is a near-perfect shooter.

- Super Time Force and the Megaman Collection are great if you're looking for platforms/retro/whatever you want to call them games.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I now have a list of over 40 games on a spreadsheet. I just have to find the money and time to play these. A lot of good stuff out now and releasing next year.

@mordukai: Will do. I've put down Bloodborne because I have finals now. I have enough stress already.

@supesdupes: I was hoping for Uncharted 4 to be on sale during Black Friday, but it seemed like Sony was purposely not discounting it for whatever reason. I definitely want to play it before the GOTY stuff comes out.

@sikdude: I love baseball. I think I'm just waiting for the next game to release.

@geraltitude:I'm on my second playthrough of Dishonored 2 right now, so a stealth game might be on the back burner. If it is on sale, I'm definitely going to pick up Hitman though. It looks like something I will really enjoy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.