Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Dawww man no demo at all?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, cynicism and all I think PS All-Stars is slowly but every so surely winning me over. If he remembers my buddy at work said that he would buy this for me for christmas. So, that's awesome but here's the thing he is also leaving tonight to visit his parents for christmas etc.. which means if he does buy this for me I won't get it until the 30th or so when he gets back. So my dumb self has already worked myself up into a fervor of wanting to play this. I went on the PS Store and really no Demo at all? That seems odd man. Oh well! This prob has limited discussion value but dammit I'm bored and not a damn thing in my back log is scratching that proverbial gaming itch right now for me.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joeyoe31

Pretty sure there was an open beta for the game which started maybe two weeks before the launch of the game. I'm also pretty sure that you got two more weeks if you had some sort of pass or were a PSN+ member. Sorry you're late dude. :\

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By ManMadeGod

I was just in BestBuy last week and they had a demo of it running on the Vita. If you really must play it you could stop see if a BB/Gamestop has a demo running. That's all I got.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

@Joeyoe31: Yeah, I knew about the beta. At the time the beta was going on though I was still actively mocking the game. It was about the time I looked at the strategy guide at work one day where I realized like... shit theres actually BnB combos , move priority and all the shit that is in a regular ass fighting game. Hmm... guess i'll just watch the Quick-look again or something. =p

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

Might be one eventually, seen other games where the demo is out months after the game, but considering this game & seeing 5 minutes of gameplay you know if you want it or not. Pretty easy choice & not like some other games where you need the demo to see if the you will enjoy the game.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Play some melee until you get it. Actually, just continue playing melee.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JasonR86

Go play Smash Bros. It plays like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.