PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale is Sony's Super Smash Brothers

#351 Posted by ohrenclez (15 posts) -

@Anwar said:

@Abyssfull said:

@Anwar said:

Final boss is Kevin Butler wielding a move controller.

He'll be the sub-boss. The illustrious Jeremy moves onto the stage once Kevin's been beaten.

He's true form is Mr. Caffeine

DOOODELEEE DOOODELEE DOOODELEE!

i was just about so post the same^^

#352 Posted by Katkillad (142 posts) -

Wow...they have no shame.  At least be creative enough to not rip off the interface as well.

#353 Posted by MindChamber (345 posts) -

The developer looks and sounds as interested in this game as I am.

#354 Posted by CitizenJP (1016 posts) -

It's so blatantly Smash Bros looking that I'm interested now.

#355 Posted by robot4me (193 posts) -

@MmaFanQc: you are the one acting a fool to defend a company who wants your money and when they can't get it anymore they don't give a damn about you.

#356 Posted by superfuntime (7 posts) -

@robot4me said:

@MmaFanQc: you are the one acting a fool to defend a company who wants your money and when they can't get it anymore they don't give a damn about you.

Yes they only want your money but they want it with a blatant Nintendo ripoff. But Nintendo and Microsoft want your money and don't care about you either.

#357 Posted by Azzystyle (7 posts) -

It'd be different if there were some sort of a original concepts, and I am by no means a nintendo fanboy, but this is blatant and I'd almost feel like I'd be playing a SSM user made mod. I'd expect nintendo to keep things arcadey and juvenile in it's presentation : lackluster cartoon style graphics, cheerful menus and bubbly combat techniques.

I know Sony has it's cartoonish characters but come on here folks, even those GOW maps look half assed.

#358 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3240 posts) -

@robot4me: So? It is not the point - people did crossover games before Smash Bros, there were games that played like Smash before it existed (platformers), and there have been tons of different Smash Bros. type games or "Brawlers"; OMG combining elements from platformers and fighting games. A genre birthed from the fusion of two distinctly different ones to make something new? No way. That definitely hasn't occured in music over the last 100 years countless times. And like I said, games like Jump Ultimate Stars exist, which to some have bested Smash Bros. in some respects. It is like how games like Crash Team Racing, Diddy Kong Racing, and ModNation Racers have been better cart racers (at least in some regards) than Nintendo's efforts in the sub-genre, especially lately. Fuck, there's a better Mario Party game than most of those games on the NES called 100 World Story. It is unfortunate that every Nintendo game cannot be even near as motherfucking spectacularly masterful as Super Mario Galaxy 2, hopefully someone gets Miyamoto and Sakurai to check this game out if it turns to be as good as it should be.

@JasonR86: /sarcasm

#359 Posted by JasonR86 (9653 posts) -

@Dan_CiTi said:

@JasonR86: /sarcasm

...sure?

#360 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

Oh this article,

tops

#361 Posted by shodan2020 (662 posts) -

They have Parappa, why not also add Lammy or Chop Chop Master Onion?

#362 Edited by RHYMESCHEME23 (64 posts) -

I'm hoping Ryu from Street Fighter gets in there somehow.

#363 Posted by Nillcox (21 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to Playstation's Battle Royale game, but I would definitely like to see some more classic characters like Crash or Ratchet.

#364 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

@Axelhander said:

Anyone saying "Nintendo characters are better and that makes me want to play this game less" and the like:

Seriously? Really?

Because I've been playing these characters since the NES's release, and before (Popeye portable arcade machine by Nintendo) and I'm having difficulty comprehending why their appeal is so much greater, apparently, than the characters in Sony's offering.

Some people like things that you don't like. Imagine that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.