Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Black/White

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 06, 2011

Pokémon Black and White are the fifth generation of Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS. Both introduce several new game play innovations to the series including a more complex battle system, fully-animated 3D models and environments, extensive online integration, and a refresh of the entire selection of Pokémon.

How about Pokemon Gunmetal?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Blue (well, I actually bought Yellow, but gave up on it after realizing it was basically the same as Blue). But now it seems that Black/White might actually be changing some things, so I'm interested, especially since Black is the best colour they've done since Blue.  

But I got to thinking...why not do Pokemon Gunmetal? It's the manliest of all colours, and at this point, they've got to be running out of normal colours and things. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Black's not a color.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Chuck Norris could be the main character!

@LiquidPrince: Also, I'm pretty sure Black is a color.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " @LiquidPrince: Also, I'm pretty sure Black is a color. "
    Technically it's not, but, realistically, it is.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

Gunmetal is black.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Death_Unicorn:@FluxWaveZ:  As an art student, I feel pretty confident in saying that it's not. But yeah, people refer to it as though it is a color to make things easier. Like hey look at that black horse.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @FluxWaveZ: I always thought of it as the color of an object that does not reflect light, but now that I think of it...
    Either way, it's all semantics and there's no point discussing this.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan said:

" I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Blue (well, I actually bought Yellow, but gave up on it after realizing it was basically the same as Blue). But now it seems that Black/White might actually be changing some things, so I'm interested, especially since Black is the best colour they've done since Blue.   But I got to thinking...why not do Pokemon Gunmetal? It's the manliest of all colours, and at this point, they've got to be running out of normal colours and things.  "

Actually, they haven't done anything that could be considered a color since Silver/Gold, so they have only used 5 colors - 7 now (unless you want to get technical)
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I assume you meant "Boltgun Metal"? :3

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Ariketh said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:

" I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Blue (well, I actually bought Yellow, but gave up on it after realizing it was basically the same as Blue). But now it seems that Black/White might actually be changing some things, so I'm interested, especially since Black is the best colour they've done since Blue.   But I got to thinking...why not do Pokemon Gunmetal? It's the manliest of all colours, and at this point, they've got to be running out of normal colours and things.  "

Actually, they haven't done anything that could be considered a color since Silver/Gold, so they have only used 5 colors - 7 now (unless you want to get technical) "
    I would consider Platinum, Emerald, and Ruby to be colours, even though they technically are an element and a couple of gemstones.  And there was Leaf Green, and green was definitely a colour.

Though to be honest, if we're arguing as to whether or not Pokemon titles are colours or not, then we're definitely thinking about it WAY too much.
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SoylentGreen

Does anyone actually care what they name any particular Pokemon game? Nintendo could call the next two Pokemon Cashcow/Moneyprinter and it would still sell millions.

@Asrahn said:

" I assume you meant "Boltgun Metal"? :3 "

+1 for awesome reference that nobody's going to get without a quick Google.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Black is the absence of colour, but since nothing is a perfect absorber nothing is truly black.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MooseyMcMan said:
    " @Ariketh said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:

Actually, they haven't done anything that could be considered a color since Silver/Gold, so they have only used 5 colors - 7 now (unless you want to get technical) "
    I would consider Platinum, Emerald, and Ruby to be colours, even though they technically are an element and a couple of gemstones.  And there was Leaf Green, and green was definitely a colour. Though to be honest, if we're arguing as to whether or not Pokemon titles are colours or not, then we're definitely thinking about it WAY too much. "
    I forgot about Green...

Lol, you're right. We are thinking too much about this.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#14  Edited By vigorousjammer

they're probobly gonna come out with Pokemon Grey as the seminal third title... as lame as that sounds.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emilio
    @MooseyMcMan:  
    Pokemon Gun Metal and Pokemon Arctic Storm

That sounds way more bad ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.