Who do you like following you around?

#1 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Yes, I understand that having a certain Pokemon in the number 1 slot (aka, the slot that allows them to follow you around) plays into the strategy of battles and such, but forget all that shit for a second.  If it were simply an asthetic decision to be made, which of your prized Pokemon would you have following your trainer around?  
Personally, I like having my Raticate running behind me because I am amused at the thought of having a giant rabid-looking rat following me through respectable establishments.

#2 Posted by Knibbly (107 posts) -

Dratini is great to look at as it resembles a giant worm following you around.

#3 Posted by pakx (923 posts) -

Kangaskhan is my homie. girl knows how to strut it.

#4 Posted by HistoryInRust (6214 posts) -

Something massive. Like Snorlax. 

Having Lugia tail you is sort of an interesting image as well.

#5 Posted by RobotHamster (4155 posts) -

The one that when you stand still at just the right angle, it looks like its blowing you.

#6 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Pikachu obviously. With a light ball and as many speed EV's as possible of course.

#7 Edited by AndrewB (7189 posts) -

How does Wailord look? Some Pokemon walking around outside the confines of their prisons just seem ridiculous.

#8 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

A fast, miniaturized Oynx or Snorlax is still hilarious to me.

#9 Posted by weegieanawrench (1918 posts) -

It's awesome to have my Arbok walking behind me. A huge ass snake that looks like it's about to chow down on a 10 year-olds head is just too funny.

#10 Posted by miva2 (224 posts) -

just started so don't have many pkmns yet.
so far i like to be followed by sentret the most.
he's just cool.
or mareep, look like a shepherd.

NEW TO POKEMON HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER:
YOU CAN NOW BE A SHEPHERD!

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

I'm boring, so I dig my starter following me around generally.  

If not Pikachu for old times' sake. God, yellow was the shit. 

#12 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1105 posts) -

Just got the game, so I only have one: Totodile. Talking to the little guy  makes me blush.

#13 Posted by championfetus (230 posts) -

any of the pokemon that are said to be as big as mountains in the pokedex, but smaller then you when roaming freely outside

#14 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Lugia is pretty funny- he's about five times larger than any other pokemon- takes up like six squares.

#15 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Togetic or Umbreon

#16 Edited by Snail (8467 posts) -

.If I can have a fucking Gyarados following me around then I don't see why I should consider having any other pokémon following me around?

#17 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
@Lies: For realsies? 
I assumed that the following Pokemon would just become the same size as the player (one square). 

Will have my Dewgong, Arcanine or Poliwrath following when I finally get the game on Friday. Cos' they're awesome.
#18 Posted by meismike (44 posts) -

the best is krabby! He walks sideways like a crab, so he looks at the screen if you walk to the right.

#19 Posted by Aaox (1656 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" I'm boring, so I dig my starter following me around generally.   If not Pikachu for old times' sake. God, yellow was the shit.  "
Yellow still is the shit, man. I was playing it the other day. D'ya remember the 8-bitty 'Pikachu!' from the show they had in there? It was all like "PIZZZCASKUE"
#20 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -
@Aaox said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" I'm boring, so I dig my starter following me around generally.   If not Pikachu for old times' sake. God, yellow was the shit.  "
Yellow still is the shit, man. I was playing it the other day. D'ya remember the 8-bitty 'Pikachu!' from the show they had in there? It was all like "PIZZZCASKUE" "
Yeah that game was also for strict hardcore poke-gangsters too, what with Brock being as impossible as he is. And yeah I love that crunchy 8-bit mess of a soundeffect. D'aww he was so cute haha. 
#21 Posted by Aaox (1656 posts) -
@XII_Sniper: Yeah. You wanna beat Brock? Caterpie. HARDCORE.
#22 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Aaox said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
Yellow still is the shit, man. I was playing it the other day. D'ya remember the 8-bitty 'Pikachu!' from the show they had in there? It was all like "PIZZZCASKUE" "
Yeah that game was also for strict hardcore poke-gangsters too, what with Brock being as impossible as he is. And yeah I love that crunchy 8-bit mess of a soundeffect. D'aww he was so cute haha.  "
Sweet Jesus, I remember that.  
"Hey, we're gonna give you an Electric Pokemon to start out.  Now go face the first gym leader who uses all Rock Pokemon." 
"kthx"
#23 Posted by Sparklykiss (1905 posts) -
@meismike said:
" the best is krabby! He walks sideways like a crab, so he looks at the screen if you walk to the right. "
I had to go catch a Krabby just for this. That was pretty great. 

I usually have Furret or Weepinbell behind me. Furret because it's adorable and Weepinbell because it just cracks me up and is one of my favorites.
#24 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3657 posts) -
@miva2 said:
" just started so don't have many pkmns yet. so far i like to be followed by sentret the most. he's just cool. or mareep, look like a shepherd.  NEW TO POKEMON HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER: YOU CAN NOW BE A SHEPHERD! "
My Mareep evolved into an Ampharos and no longer looks like a sheep. D:
#25 Posted by TwelveFootFour (154 posts) -

I roll with haunter.

#26 Posted by miva2 (224 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:

" @miva2 said:

" just started so don't have many pkmns yet. so far i like to be followed by sentret the most. he's just cool. or mareep, look like a shepherd.  NEW TO POKEMON HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER: YOU CAN NOW BE A SHEPHERD! "
My Mareep evolved into an Ampharos and no longer looks like a sheep. D: "
  hmm, having an ampharos  when challenging 1st gym (flying pkmn) would be pretty WIN

i want a krabby/kingler now. especially if i can make him say "cookie cookie"
#27 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1105 posts) -

I like my birds to follow me around. Especially Ho-oh. That thing is huge.

#28 Posted by LooityLoo (42 posts) -

Lugia still cracks me up following me around. What I like best, though, is that no one seems to question it. Oh cool, a bigass legendary pokemon. That's nice. My Rattata is so strong!

#29 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I've actually found that Gyarados looks ridiculous, especially when you're faceing the screen with it behind you.
It looks like it's just waiting for the right moment to bite your head off.

#30 Posted by Fallen189 (4911 posts) -

Weezing

#31 Edited by Atlas (2400 posts) -

Chansey, because she's a MILF and I like checking out dat ass.

Wut.

#32 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

My fortress name Brakston. He might be the lower level of the group but he has soul.

#33 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Pikachu.

#34 Posted by Zawdy (43 posts) -

Just about any Legendary... For when a trainer wants to battle, I can go, "You sure about that? I have a freaking Ho-oh/Lugia right behind me..."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.