Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Anyone else excited for the new Pokemon?

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hello fellow Bombadiers!

I was wondering how many of you still care about the Pokemon games and whether you're looking forward to the latest installment? I've pre-ordered mine and am hoping to receive it on the day of release.

I've been a longterm fan of the series since it came to existence and still occasionally watch the anime when I'm in the mood. Although I took a hiatus from the series during my teen years (cause I was too old for games like that YO!), I picked up White version whilst at uni and found my love for da POKEMANZ again. I also then caught up with generation IV after finishing that.

It started off as nostalgia and having a friend to play with, but then we both got into playing online, which means also the nerdy stuff too ( e.g.: EV training, breeding, etc). I'm very excited about some of the additions and changes they've made to the new game. I got version X btw. So yeah what are your thoughts peeps? Are the pocket monsters worth your time?

Regards,

Carlos

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I haven't seriously gotten into pokemon since Gold/Silver (tryed to play Peral and couldn't get into it) x/y looks like an interesting new edition to the series which has gotten me kinda excited.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Yeah I am. I quit the series shortly after Ruby came out and completely skipped over the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum versions, but my old college roommate got back into it when Black/White came out, and I got back on board then as well. Was going to pass on the sequels, but I picked up White 2 earlier to kind of get ready for Y when it releases on the eShop this Saturday.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, I'm very excited. The transition between 2d and 3d looks to be a super interesting one. I can't wait to get a copy.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I should wait for the second version, like I did with B/W, but I'm not going to. Heck, I'll probably pick up the digital version just so I don't have to wait ~2 weeks for my order to get here. I guess that qualifies as "excited".

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

If you are asking if I am excited about the game, then yes. If I am excited about the desperate species that I will only viable to catch a 6th of much less remember how to counter their affinity. Then no. But my fix must be satisfied some how...

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Carlos1408

Wow, there's a lot more excitement about this than I thought. Guess their changes are grasping people's curiosity. I'm glad to hear this. WOOOO! I'll be going for Froakie as a starter (I always go for the water type, they're my favorite).

Wess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#8  Edited By Wess

I am excited - will definitely be getting Y this weekend. Going with Chespin (the grass starter) for this one - after seeing the final forms its just the only correct choice.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty excited. I think Gamefreak really stepped up their game with Black/White and X/Y looks to be another promising addition to the franchise.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Black and White were really good and the SoulSilver HeartGold remakes were FANTASTIC. I skipped Black and White 2 cuz I was waiting for the next real generation. I really think Game Freak are hitting a stride right now and making better Pokemon games than they have in a long time. X/Y have reviewed really well so that makes me more excited.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I have not played a proper Pokemon game in many years and this one has me excited. The jump to 3D and finally being able to change how your character looks has me excited as those are two things I have been wanting for a long time. I hopped on youtube and started looking around for Pokemon stuff to get me in the mood and after seeing that anime they are doing of Red from the original games and listening to the Pokemon 2BA Master tape again I got the bug again.

I managed to get my friend really excited too, and now we are going to have a competition. See who can make it to the Elite Four and beat them first.

mr187uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've preordered Y from Game here in the UK, eshop version that is, with a 3D Pokedex code included. So I'm just trying to beat the Elites on White 2 before it's release.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm never excited for the new new pokemon. I'm always excited for evolutions or pre-formes of 1st and 2nd gen pokemon... mostly...

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By alanm26v5

Almost 2 years ago I played my first Pokemon game and decided that I have to catch them all....eventually. (My gaming interests and focuses change throughout the year so I play stuff like that off and on). I played through FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald so far, as well as Colosseum and started XD. I got kind of bummed out hearing that some of the online stuff in Black/White are shutting down before I'll get to those games, so I decided I'd skip ahead for now and check out X/Y while it's new. I was more excited about a month ago when I put in my Amazon preorder, but I'm still interested.

The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is I completed the Generation 1 Pokedex, as well as got a really good start on 2 and 3 with by using the GBA/Gamecube games, and there's no way to my knowledge to bring those up to the new game without going through and beating a game from Gen 4 and 5 to unlock the transfer functions. Maybe this new cloud storage service they're trying out will solve that going forward. I guess it's still impressive that data from a 2003 game can be carried forward across 3 generations of game hardware and 10 years.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@alanm26v5: Yeah, you're out of luck there I'm afraid. I'm pretty excited about the new Bank functions, precisely because it does away with all of those problems. It's designed so you'll easily be able to access all of your Pokemon online, even in future games, since they'll all be tied into an online account and not a specific game. Not to mention how tediously slow trading between different generations has been in the past. It's just a shame the original two games haven't been re-released on the virtual console. It would have been a great way to build up more hype for X & Y and they could have been updated to allow online trading or even to send your guys over into the new games.

But this definitely seems to be the biggest jump in quality the games have ever made and the fact they haven't already been out for months in Japan makes things pretty exciting. It's the first time over here that we've ever been able to play the games without already knowing everything, which is probably why Nintendo is being so harsh on those leaking information.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I'm dampered by the new rule change that means you have to pay to upload pokemon from older generations (and it's probably a waste of money for me since I think this wouldve been my last game I play from Pokemon), but otherwise, I wonder how much differently I wouldve thought of the series if this were the first one I ever saw.

Otherwise, I'm pretty pumped for it, since this is the first time you can customize your character, and (from what it seems) get 2 starters at the same time.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

i am very excited

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Should be getting mine Thursday. Excited.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am! I cannot wait to get mine on Saturday, and start on my Nuzlocke challenge.

Also, very interested to see how the competitive scene will change with the new version. Fairies make the Dragon Type moves much less potent to spam. Interested!

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing Fire Emblem to pass the time on my commute but I'm just about done with it. Wondering how the combat will stack up–Pokemon is obviously not nearly as complex in battle, but the team building aspect is sort of similar. I kept invoking Pokemon analogies while playing Fire Emblem and XCOM for a reason.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By donchipotle

I am, mostly because I can actually customize my player character.

And because of that panda Pokemon. That lil scamp.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yep i'm excited to jump back in as i've been on and off with pokemon but catching up with white and white 2 to get ready for X\Y.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold and for whatever reason, this one has gotten me really excited to give the series another go. Honestly, those Mega Evolutions look nuts!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM GONNA CATCH ME SOME FUCKING POKEMON

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm getting a 3DS this week (not especially for Pokemon but because it's my birthday and when my wife asked what I wanted I considered that I haven't got a 3DS yet so that seemed like a good idea) and I'm pretty excited to get Pokemon with it and also Animal Crossing.

I literally haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue when they originally came out so I don't know what to expect or think.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ch3burashka

Carlos,

One of them is two swords.

No.

Regards,

ch3

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Niceanims

Hell yeah! The new pokemon look rad as shit!

No Caption Provided

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hunter5024

The game yes, though the Pokemon themselves not so much. There's only a couple I like.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Dear Carlos,

After completely skipping over all the DS games, I am totally hyped to jump back into the games and see how much stuff has been added since I last played one of these (Fire Red).

Regards,

Darth

P.S.

http://i.imgur.com/0yLNNmB.gif

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im seriously considering buying a 3ds just so i can play these new ones so i guess?

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PandaBear

I really fucking want to be...

Then I see this fucker and I know this isn't the Pokemon I once loved...

No Caption Provided

IT'S A FUCKING KEY CHAIN AND IT'S "FAIRY" TYPE!!! Do they even try anymore?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Niceanims

@pandabear: what? Fairies steal shit all the time. And don't even start with the "they don't even try anymore" shit.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By RobotHamster

Absofuckinglutely!!!!

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really excited, I haven't played a pokemon since gameboy color days and now that I own a 3DS I want to catch me some POKEMON!

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

@pandabear: what? Fairies steal shit all the time. And don't even start with the "they don't even try anymore" shit.

Fairies steal all the time hey ... yeah ok. And hey if you think a keyring looks good to you well more power to you ... I just think they used to try harder or at the very least keep a thematic consistency with their designs. Most of the first 250 Pokemon made sense as wild animals and such... now they are literally ice cream cones, piles of garbage, keyrings, a variation of an old Pokemon (there's too many cats, foxes and rocks), mechanical devices or ghosts (so many ghosts, wisps, spectres).

The starters looks cool, especially the frog, but most look like throw away ideas to me.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Niceanims

@pandabear: Yeah, I can see your point about them making sense as wild animals. I just affixed myself to Pokemon like voltorb, grimer, and unown and got used to the idea that they don't have to be animals back when those pokemon were current. So when Pokemon like bronzong, garbodor, and klefki showed up, they never really bothered me. As for the ghost thing, well, that's kinda what Gamefreak gets stuck with for making a ghost type in the first place, but at least they're feeling out what they can get away with calling a ghost this generation.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TruthTellah

I'm relatively excited about it. I can't full grasp why, but I am. For the first time in a long time, I pre-ordered a game. Pokemon X is now confirmed to be mine.

I suppose I was so into Pokemon back during Red / Blue, and Silver / Gold that its a bit of a desire to feel a little of that again. I haven't played a Pokemon game in almost a decade. So, this is a real return to the series for me.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwongo said:

Fairies steal all the time hey ... yeah ok. And hey if you think a keyring looks good to you well more power to you ... I just think they used to try harder or at the very least keep a thematic consistency with their designs. Most of the first 250 Pokemon made sense as wild animals and such... now they are literally ice cream cones, piles of garbage, keyrings, a variation of an old Pokemon (there's too many cats, foxes and rocks), mechanical devices or ghosts (so many ghosts, wisps, spectres).

The starters looks cool, especially the frog, but most look like throw away ideas to me.

Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. There have been some dumb looking Pokemon every gen. Most of them have and continue to look like animals but there are always a few strange ones. Take off your nostalgia goggles and tell me these are not dumb.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Even if it's just to see all the original Pokemon as 3D models, I'm pretty stoked. Though I still don't have a 3DS, so it'll be a while before I get my hands on the game.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeirus said:

I actually like all of them except the clown and transgender one, I always hated those two, even when they were the new ones.

Don't get me wrong I love them too. I'm just saying they weren't these great creative masterpieces that some people make them out to be. Hell Golem is just a rock with arms, legs and a head.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeirus said:

@darthorange said:

@pandabear said:

@itwongo said:

Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. There have been some dumb looking Pokemon every gen. Most of them have and continue to look like animals but there are always a few strange ones. Take off your nostalgia goggles and tell me these are not dumb.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I actually like all of them except the clown and transgender one, I always hated those two, even when they were the new ones.

Mr Mine and Jynx are the weakest of the bunch ... but the rest I like actually like. Golem and Dugtrio especially. And they're all Generation 1, so I think they should get a free pass a bit as at the time they were breaking new ground. And not as many were humanoids as they are now... there's a logic to these Pokemon that I can get behind. But that fucking ice cream cone Pokemon can die in a hole... I think now there's too many real world objects and wispy ghosts and not enough animals and monsters.

@itwongo -- to be fair, I actually am totally fine with Voltorb. And I may actually give Pokemon X a chance... I'm older now though and nothing will ever be as good as the first time I played Red, and if I'm honest I don't think many games (if any) are as good as Gold (IMHO)... those will always be "my" Pokemon. But I can stand that fucking keyrin

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tsutohiro

"Excited", no. "Impressed" maybe, because it definitely looks better than any previous Pokémon, but I think I'm done catchin' them all, the formula is just played out.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PhantomGardener

I wil never stop careing about pokemon.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoeyRavn

Some people need to understand that a game may not be targeted at them, or that they've fallen off the wagon if they once enjoyed it.

And I honestly don't understand all the "derp-a-derp-herp, they are not even trying anymore!!!" crap. Gen 1 had a pokéball, a reverse-pokéball, a duck with a celery, purple slime and bigger purple slime, half a dozen eggs and a palm tree and purple blob sex machine. You can literally swap any of those pokémon with any of the supposedly "uninspired" recent pokémon and they wouldn't make a difference. They are only better because they were there first, which as an argument is beyond dumb.

Genwunning is one hell of a stupid thing.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Griffin McElroy's review at Polygon review makes me... if not excited, then intrigued, I guess?

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm excited! I'll be picking up my copy on Saturday and then probably spend the weekend playing it. The fact that you get two starters and then could go get Torchic at a GameStop or whatever means you could get the three types right at the beginning of the game which is kind of awesome. Looks like it'll be fun! I've played all of them and still enjoy them quite a lot.

RavenousJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RavenousJoker

I can not wait to go pick up my copy of Pokemon Y tomorrow!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.