Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Nintendo is releasing a special Pokemon at 200 Namco Amusement arcades in Japan - Oct 12 - Dec 10

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By sopachuco13
    No Caption Provided

We all know that people love Pokémon. It has been a phenomenon for a long time now. It is still crazy popular in the west, but in it's fatherland of Japan it is an old standby that never falters. Pokemon has kept up it's popularity through the years and, with the newest release on 3DS, it is converting a whole new generation of players.

According to #'s twitter account,

famitsu
    “ナムコのお店でDS”で『ポケットモンスター X・Y』キャンペーン開催 http://t.co/iaZ4zLwcNs
    10/10/13 4:20 AM
    No Caption Provided

if you go to one of the 200 Namco Amusements located across Japan between October 12, 2013 and December 10, 2013, connect to the #, answer a quiz, and you will be added into a lottery (for the chance) to win a (”メガバシャーモ”になれる“アチャモ”)Achamo that will turn into a MEGA Bashamo. Now, since everybody can't win the special Pokemon, you might also win other prizes based on location.

It looks like Nintendo is getting back to the glory days of making those of us who live overseas supremely jealous. If you want this special Pokemon, get yourself to Japan before the Fukushima reactor leak hits Tokyo and we get Neo Tokyo.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

That Neo Tokyo joke, too soon man. Too soon.

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aw man! Japan always gets all the cool stuff. They get an Achamo holding a mega stone while the rest of the world gets a Torchic holding a mega stone.

Guess I better buy that plane ticket. :(

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

@marmalade: Yeah I thought this was coming out in the Western World too. Glad I wasn't wrong.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aw man! Japan always gets all the cool stuff. They get an Achamo holding a mega stone while the rest of the world gets a Torchic holding a mega stone.

Guess I better buy that plane ticket. :(

Why pay when you can use Fly?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, this is just the Japanese version of the Torchic event that is going to happen world wide. They do a bunch of these things, there's currently one going on for a shiny version of Giratina.

Not entirely sure it needed its own thread, but who knows? Maybe some Japanese gamers here didn't know about it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

There is an insert in my copy that advertises a special torchic you can get via mystery gift starting on the 12th. Probably not the same one.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Yeah, but the worldwide wifi event is the same thing. Even in Japan. You get a Torchic holding blazikenite to turn into Mega Blaziken.

Maybe this one has a special move or something? This seems odd.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

@deegee: I don't know all of the different names for the Pokemon in English and Japanese. I didn't know that this had already come out. I was just trying to keep my translation chops up to snuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.