Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

quick look ?

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By shades846

Poll quick look ? (301 votes)

yes 78%
    no 22%
     • 
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

They QL'd Black/White (kinda half-heartedly), but then laughably skipped over Black 2/White 2 in an I Love Mondays.

Still, X/Y is on a new generation of hardware, so if there isn't much else coming out, I could see them covering it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I would like to see them cover it. I don't care that they don't care about Pokemon, it's still been fun to watch their Pokemon Quicklooks.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"Not enough Koffing"

There, now you don't need a quicklook. It's Pokemon! Just go buy it.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's different enough, had some good reviews, I don't understand the harm in checking i out.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get nothing.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe. Depends on how Vinny/Brad feel about it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

It will just be 45 min of them going "Yup. It's more pokemon. But in 3D. If that's your thing. I guess?"

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I really doubt it, but then again I wouldn't be surprised either. It really depends on the individual interest of the GB crew. If just one of them has any interest it's possible we might get a quick look, but really though, I think we already know how it would go. Just watch one of the past quick looks of a pokemon game to get their opinion on the series as a whole.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be a bit surprised if it happened. Its just "another Pokémon", right? Same shit different day? 15 minute, pretty boring QL at best. :/

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeik

Unfortunately it seemed like Ryan was on the only one on staff who had any interest in Pokemon whatsoever, so I don't see it happening, and I'm not so sure I really care to see them dismissively play it because they feel like they to.

I mean it's Pokemon. They aren't exactly doing a disservice to those games by not previewing it. It's not some hidden gem no one knows about.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Mcfart

At least COD tries to feel fresh by revamping the multiplayer unlocks, and doing a new story everytime.

Pokemon is just the same story everytime. And it's too easy, unlike COD. They need a "veteran mode" for Pokemon.

Also Pokemon is boring as shit to watch, and boring as fuck to QL. They want to show us stuff, but they gotta do some shitty random encounters first.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

At least COD tries to feel fresh by revamping the multiplayer unlocks, and doing a new story everytime.

Pokemon is just the same story everytime. And it's too easy, unlike COD. They need a "veteran mode" for Pokemon.

Also Pokemon is boring as shit to watch, and boring as fuck to QL. They want to show us stuff, but they gotta do some shitty random encounters first.

Black and White was actually pretty different in the story department, if you actually consider what happens in the story. And Black and White 2 added an unlockable hard mode. But seriously, who the fuck plays Pokemon for the story? There's nothing they could do with the story mode to make it a meaningful part of the appeal.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@mcfart said:

Black and White was actually pretty different in the story department, if you actually consider what happens in the story. And Black and White 2 added an unlockable hard mode. But seriously, who the fuck plays Pokemon for the story? There's nothing they could do with the story mode to make it a meaningful part of the appeal.

I played Black, and I disagree with the story part. Same old shit.

Also the reason you're saying that is because Nintendo did the same story for 20 games now. They reused the same shit over and over again that even you're convinced that they can't make the story appealing. THEY BRAINWASHED YOU!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zeik

Then you didn't pay much attention, because it was definitely different. Not radically so, or "good", but it wasn't just the usual "beat the 8 gym leaders, beat the elite 4, you're the champion, congrats", even if that was still part of it. There was actually a story beyond that.

And the reason I say that is because it's Pokemon. I'm sorry, but you're never going to get a meaningful story experience out of that franchise. They could radically change everything about the story, but it would still be a Pokemon story. I enjoy Pokemon, but I know there's no universe where a Pokemon game would have a story I would care about.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm genuinely curious about this game. So yes.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Then you didn't pay much attention, because it was definitely different. Not radically so, or "good", but it wasn't just the usual "beat the 8 gym leaders, beat the elite 4, you're the champion, congrats", even if that was still part of it. There was actually a story beyond that.

And the reason I say that is because it's Pokemon. I'm sorry, but you're never going to get a meaningful story experience out of that franchise. They could radically change everything about the story, but it would still be a Pokemon story. I enjoy Pokemon, but I know there's no universe where a Pokemon game would have a story I would care about.

The story had more to it, for the bad guy's reasons for being bad, but Magna/Aqua had reasons too, and it still was the same "beat him up, he agrees with you, the end".

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zeik

@mcfart said:

@zeik said:

The story had more to it, for the bad guy's reasons for being bad, but Magna/Aqua had reasons too, and it still was the same "beat him up, he agrees with you, the end".

They all had their Team Rocket facsimiles, but they were all pretty superfluous compared to N and Team Plasma. None of the other Teams broke into the Elite 4 and created an extra dungeon and forced you through a bunch of extra final bosses.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I kind of see why they wouldn't, but I'd be bummed if there wasn't one.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shades846

so listening to scoops and the wolf looks like no quick look given I think jeff, brad and vinny even less of a fan than alex or pattrick

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might be cool if they Sports Team'd it up?

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what happens if they Quick Look it. They have no idea what's going on since Red/Blue, don't take it serious enough and piss off a lot of annoying people.

Now, that sounds great to me but probably not to a lot of other people.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black & White QL was pretty disappointing. None of them really seem to care about or understand Pokemon, so they don't give it a proper look or do anything amusing with it. Seems a bit pointless if nobody on either side gets anything out of it.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Nux

I would like to see one but seeing as Ryan was the one who had any interest in the pokemon games I don't think there will be a Quick Look.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By vaiz

If only they offered Koffing as a starter, there would be some interest.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one on the staff knows shit about Pokemon, I don't see the point in watching them fumble through the first 25 minutes of the game saying "This pokeman looks dumb."

Even though I agree that the new ones look dumb.

Zalrus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anybody doesn't like how easy the games are, do the Nuzlocke Challenge. Now every Pokemon Game is like Xcom: enemy Unkown or Fire Emblem! Go for it!

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon big to the point were i'm sure someone will play it for a few hours and do a quicklook about it.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcfart said:

I hope your joking the formula won't change but the same could be said for COD. Pokemon adds new content and COD adds new multiplayers features. They both serve as a revamp of what was used before. So i say COD is a poor example because in its respected field its no different than Pokemon. I'm sure some could even argue pokemon has more value from game to game as you keep and get new pokemon from game to game.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say no if there were a bunch of quick looks planned but since there aren't I suppose I will ask the huge favor of the guys quickly look at a game they don't have much interest in so I can watch.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys when will Giant Bomb (INSERT WHATEVER HERE)???!? I mean you'll all know, right??!! And me asking will change things if they have already decided not to!! And I'm sure it will generate meaningful discussion!! AND if it's a game they have shown no interest in, then do a Quick Look and don't really like it I'm gonna get super mad!!!! YEAH

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Apparently Jeff bought the game, so we might actually get one. Although I'm pretty sure what his opinion of the game will be. "Hey guys, more Pokemon. If you like that sort of thing."

No Caption Provided

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All you need to know.
    All you need to know.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously ... people ask about a Quick Look for games so fucking often. Who on here would know except for the guys that run the site? PM them...

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ripelivejam

@i_stay_puft: that's fantastic

it would be hilarious if jeff suddenly got really deep in for some inscrutable reason. i COULD see that happening if he suddenly got an itch for multiplayer.

how many pokemen show up on salty bet?

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet a few fake pokemon turn up on salty bet ;-)

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vuud

I feel like Jeff said all he wanted to say about X/Y in the bombcast. I doubt any of them have any interest in setting up a quick look.

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jeff actually said in the bombcast that he bought a retail copy of it so they can do a quick look of it

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people who like Pokemon will not like the Quick Look that they (might) film.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The people who like Pokemon will not like the Quick Look that they (might) film.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Jeff said on his driving-home mixlr stream that they're gonna do one tomorrow.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I'm just happy if they quick look anything, so sure, go quick look pokemon.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I do agree with that comment pyramid. Pokemon fans are, I believe, quite emotional when it comes to their beloved series. The GB crew aren't exactly Pokemon masters so any slight ignorance will just anger and upset the fans.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I do agree with that comment pyramid. Pokemon fans are, I believe, quite emotional when it comes to their beloved series. The GB crew aren't exactly Pokemon masters so any slight ignorance will just anger and upset the fans.

Yep, that's why I don't think people understand what they're asking for. Also, this is my first ever comment pyramid so I'm thrilled by it. When I die I will be buried inside it with jewels, some cats, wall paintings of stuff and the secrets to space travel.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing a lot of the people who are asking for a QL of this are people who have played Pokemon before but burnt out on it and not sure if they want to go back in. I was one of those people but I bought the game already and it's been pretty fun so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.