Which version are you getting?

• 78 results
Posted by mr187uk (129 posts) 10 months, 22 days ago

Poll: Which version are you getting? (276 votes)

X 55%
Y 39%
Both 6%
#51 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@wess said:

Y because my friend is getting X.

Also, I don't care what everyone else thinks, Mega Charizard X is not Charizard in my book, and Mega Mewtwo X is just.. well. I don't care for it.

I do wish I could get Clauncher though.

I also dislike Mega Charizard X, plus it seems X is by far the most popular version so it should make it very easy for me to trade for a Clauncher. Woohoo.

#52 Edited by PhantomGardener (462 posts) -

X because that deer is majestic as fuck.

#53 Edited by Evan223 (86 posts) -

I just picked up a copy of Y.

#54 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -
#55 Edited by Captain_Felafel (1568 posts) -

X because I played Blue, not Red. Also, that deer is the most majestic looking Pokémon ever made.

#56 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I think EB Games fucked up and reserved me Y haha

#57 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

X because chromosomes and gender roles.

...because the guy before me bought Y. This is the first game I bought without researching the differences.

#58 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I was all set for X, but I just found out Y has Tyranitar.

Fuck.

#59 Posted by Itwongo (1183 posts) -
#60 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5425 posts) -

I was going to get a copy of X off amazon, but now that I know I can buy it digitally off the e-shop I'm opting for that. I don't have the patience to wait a whole week before getting my hands on the pokegoodness.

#61 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@itwongo said:

@funkasaurasrex: Trade for it, son. I hear Tyranitarite is X exclusive.

Oh dip, looks like you're right. Thanks duder.

#62 Posted by RavenousJoker (50 posts) -

I am starting off with Y version.

#63 Edited by phantomzxro (1571 posts) -

I'm going X

#64 Posted by Itwongo (1183 posts) -

I was gonna go X, but now I'm not sure. More and more exclusive megas are showing up, with the Pokemon in one version but the stone in the other. It'd be easy to obtain the Pokemon through trading, but the stones are going to have such a high perceived value that obtaining them may be near impossible. It's hard deciding which I'd rather have.

#65 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

This was a really unfortunate day to discover that my 3DS charger has broken.

I'll be getting X, provided I can also pick up a new charger tomorrow.

#66 Edited by Zalrus9 (109 posts) -

I'm going Y, homes! Love me some Heracross!

#67 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

This thread is no help in deciding which one to get! Ive always been a red man so I was thinking of Y but then that deer looks cool as shit. Plus I prefer X over Y but thats hardly a reason to choose a version. Fuck, Nintendo why do you make 2 different versions of the same game?!?

#68 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2373 posts) -

Deers are dumb, but I like that bird thing okay.

#69 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11626 posts) -

I'm getting the opposite version of whatever my friend gets. Sounds like he's getting Y, so X it is.

#70 Posted by ripelivejam (3802 posts) -

just bought and am downloading x from the eshop. im a grown ass man whos barely played any pokemon. what is wrong with me.

#71 Edited by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Ended up getting X as that deer is indeed majestic as fuck. Also I got tired of thinking about it so I just grabbed one.

#72 Posted by PandaBear (1357 posts) -

Judging by this poll and Instagram, X is the clear favourite... if you're buying soon you should get Y as you're exclusives may be more valuable.

#73 Posted by Brians (1460 posts) -

Team Y

#74 Posted by overnow (150 posts) -

Walked into a Best Buy, walked up to the counter said "Can I get a copy of that new pokemon game?" They asked me which one I wanted, I said it didn't matter, so I got X which was on the top of the box behind the counter.

#75 Edited by BasketSnake (1194 posts) -

I ordered Y. My first pokemon game.

#76 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (602 posts) -

@shinboy630 said:

X because that deer is majestic as fuck.

'nuff said.

#77 Posted by Darth Paul (108 posts) -

I used to just get whatever version that my brother wasn't getting, but since he doesn't own a 3DS this is the first Pokemon game where I need to just make a decision by myself on which version to get. I originally wanted Y because Yvetal is more appealing, but after some research X seems like the overall better version with more exclusive pokemon that I'd rather get in game so that's probably the version that I'll be getting eventually.

#78 Posted by Luca717 (101 posts) -

X because its a cooler letter.

and rainbow deer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.