Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Tweak Details For Pokemon Remakes On DS

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Details of the DS Remakes of Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver have been revealed from Japanese mag Corocoro,

To start though, Aussie Poke-site  pokemonaus24, has stated that ALL 493 Pokémon can follow your character on the field of play, and that each one can be spoken to just like Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow, meaning you will be able to see all their Happiness levels this time around.

• Bonus Location Kanto has been reconfirmed to appear, along with promise of all new locations to visit.
    • Touchscreen has been adapted to suit the menu system, the Pokédex and Computer Boxes have been altered for faster searching and switching, meaning smoother gameplay.
    • Legendary and rare Pokémon, the Notch-Eared Pichu given away at Japanese events was reconfirmed to be needed for an event at Ilex forest in-game.
    • Ruby and Sapphire headliners Groudon and Kyogre will appear in Soul Silver and Heart Gold respectively; when both are brought together in one game, they unlock the opportunity to catch Rayquaza.

• Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Pokémon League Champion Cynthia makes an appearance in the remakes, by transferring an Arceus gained from attending the latest Pokémon Movie into the games. Doing so also presents an opportunity to catch a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.
    • For Japanese pre-orderers of the games, a Ho-oh model is available for Heart Gold, a Lugia one for Soul Silver, and you'd get both and an Arceus one too for ordering both games.
    • McDonalds will be running a promotion for a special Level 5 Jirachi, with a move list of Draco Meteor, Rest, Wish, and Confusion. The promotion lasts from June 19th to July 17th in Japan.

Thoughts?

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By hexogen

FUCK YES.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

No new battle system? yawn.,

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " No new battle system? yawn., "
    There is no need for a new battle system. #the Pokemon battle system is perfect. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Also, it's a remake, you don't expect major mechanical changes, just streamlining and bonus features.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By bwooduhs

So looking forward to these games.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @MattyFTM said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    There is no need for a new battle system. #the Pokemon battle system is perfect. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Also, it's a remake, you don't expect major mechanical changes, just streamlining and bonus features. "
    I think they need a extra features during the fight... like a extra command that you can talk 2 your pokemon and add a extra level to the fighting. Like Defensive and Offensive, would had more strategy and depth
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By azteris
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "
    @MattyFTM said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    There is no need for a new battle system. #the Pokemon battle system is perfect. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Also, it's a remake, you don't expect major mechanical changes, just streamlining and bonus features. "
    I think they need a extra features during the fight... like a extra command that you can talk 2 your pokemon and add a extra level to the fighting. Like Defensive and Offensive, would had more strategy and depth "
    You've obviously never played competitively.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

Excited. Gonna buy both =)

Wonder well Creamy Crystal is going to be released though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

Awesome. Although I've still got a Pokemon coliseum bonus Gamecube disc around here. So theoretically I can transfer my Jirachi's over from Ruby into Diamond, and into Soul Silver. That way, I don't have to go to a slimy japanese McDonalds...

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @Azteris said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "
    @MattyFTM said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    I think they need a extra features during the fight... like a extra command that you can talk 2 your pokemon and add a extra level to the fighting. Like Defensive and Offensive, would had more strategy and depth "
    You've obviously never played competitively. "
    No I haven't, i've gotten so bored i couldn't get into it like that anymore. please explain
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By azteris
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "
    @Azteris said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    "
    @MattyFTM said:
    "
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    You've obviously never played competitively. "
    No I haven't, i've gotten so bored i couldn't get into it like that anymore. please explain "
    Well, when you factor in EVs, move sets, team balance, type coverage, abilities, team leads, and all the other stuff that goes into competitive play, you don't need much more complexity.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @Azteris:  I guess... but raising them for competition is so boring

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.