Details of the DS Remakes of Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver have been revealed from Japanese mag Corocoro,
To start though, Aussie Poke-site pokemonaus24, has stated that ALL 493 Pokémon can follow your character on the field of play, and that each one can be spoken to just like Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow, meaning you will be able to see all their Happiness levels this time around.
- Bonus Location Kanto has been reconfirmed to appear, along with promise of all new locations to visit.
- Touchscreen has been adapted to suit the menu system, the Pokédex and Computer Boxes have been altered for faster searching and switching, meaning smoother gameplay.
- Legendary and rare Pokémon, the Notch-Eared Pichu given away at Japanese events was reconfirmed to be needed for an event at Ilex forest in-game.
- Ruby and Sapphire headliners Groudon and Kyogre will appear in Soul Silver and Heart Gold respectively; when both are brought together in one game, they unlock the opportunity to catch Rayquaza.
- Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Pokémon League Champion Cynthia makes an appearance in the remakes, by transferring an Arceus gained from attending the latest Pokémon Movie into the games. Doing so also presents an opportunity to catch a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.
- For Japanese pre-orderers of the games, a Ho-oh model is available for Heart Gold, a Lugia one for Soul Silver, and you'd get both and an Arceus one too for ordering both games.
- McDonalds will be running a promotion for a special Level 5 Jirachi, with a move list of Draco Meteor, Rest, Wish, and Confusion. The promotion lasts from June 19th to July 17th in Japan.