Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

I Think Portal 2 Takes Place During Episode III - Spoilers (?)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Ship Overboard

I was lurking the achievements on Steam once I started pre-loading and saw that one.  I have a strong hunch it deals with the ship from EP2, and we already know Portal 2 is years into the future.  Maybe this game takes place during Episode III, because there is no other ship I can think of that would warrant such an achievement.

I mean, what else could it be?  That achievement is more than likely the last one related to story. 

...so first the FBI proving aliens, and now more Episode III stuff.  Conspiracy a-hoy!  

Check it out yourself when you go click on Portal 2 on your Steam account and see the achievements.

I am also under Bootcamp right now and I have no fucking idea how to take a picture of my screen from my MBP...also drinking everclear but hey, it's a Wednesday! 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...now I cant' even edit my post with Chrome, and the spoiler tag got all screwy.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald
    @KaosAngel said:

" I am also under Bootcamp right now and I have no fucking idea how to take a picture of my screen from my MBP "

Fn-Shift-F11 (adding option should constrain it to the active window)

I suppose we'll see, but I don't think it'll affect the universe too much. God knows, Portal didn't.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK
    @KaosAngel: If you are on Windows 7 you can just use the snipping tool.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I found a great wiki website about video games and this is the paragraph  about the time in the Half Life univeres:

"In-game clues point towards a heavy rivalry between Aperture Science and Black Mesa, the research facilities central to the events of the Portal and Half-Life series, respectively. In a recent interview, Erik Wolpaw, a writer for the series, commented that the first game takes place sometime between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Portal 2, however, has been stated as taking place several hundred years after the events of the original."

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    "

I found a great wiki website about video games and this is the paragraph  about the time in the Half Life univeres:

"In-game clues point towards a heavy rivalry between Aperture Science and Black Mesa, the research facilities central to the events of the Portal and Half-Life series, respectively. In a recent interview, Erik Wolpaw, a writer for the series, commented that the first game takes place sometime between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Portal 2, however, has been stated as taking place several hundred years after the events of the original."

"
    I think that's a lie. Something, something, cake.
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MachoFantastico

As much talk as this subject as got, I would love if it were connected and wouldn't be shocked.
    Make some sense for Valve keeping so darn quiet about Half Life.

Imagine, Gordan Freeman comes smashing his way through a wall of Aperture Science... :D

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Slaker117
    @Wrighteous86: I think I've heard that somewhere before. My feeling is it's a half-serious way of saying "Don't worry about silly tie-ins and crossovers, this is it's own fun, essentially self-contained, thing".
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By wrighteous86
    @Slaker117: Yeah, I don't think there will be any major crossovers or anything, but I think Chell/the player is being lead to believe she's been asleep for hundreds of years when it's maybe been a few months to a year. Sounds exactly like the kind of mind-game GlaDOS would play.
    Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Humanoid

Yeah, the achievement is apparently for delivering something from aperture. The portal gun in Half Life 2: Episode 3, perhaps? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.