By jakob187 82 Comments
First off, fuck you if you said "We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story sucks". Fuck you hard in the ass with a cactus, good sir and/or madam.
Second, I have returned from my self-imposed hiatus from the forums/blogosphere/world of gaming. Why? Well, in all honesty, I caved and took my old job back. They say that hindsight is 20/20, and looking back on the five years that I worked here at Lansharx, I ended up realizing that I was a pissy asshole when I shouldn't have been to customers. Actually, that hindsight has brought me a newly discovered level of determination in this job.
The job deals with kids. Lots of kids. Some of them are young kids that don't know jack about video games. We've all seen and heard the complaints time and time again: casual gaming is bullshit. If you have stated that, then congratulations on being an elitest dick like I once was. I felt like those kids were beneath my time and effort, but in retrospect, they weren't. They are the future of gaming, and as someone who has been playing games since he was shitting in his Huggies (and no, that doesn't include last week, you sick fucks), it is my sworn duty to teach them of gaming history. It's my job to not just give them a customer experience that makes them want to keep coming into the store and playing video games, but it's a necessity that I show them there is a world outside of Call of Duty and Halo. You don't have to always be pointing a virtual gun at a virtual head and virtually shooting a virtual bullet to see a splatter of virtual blood. Virtually.
In turn, this all means that I will have long moments of sitting in front of a computer. It won't be as many long moments as before, as again, I'm determined to make shit better this time around. I'm not going through the paces, but rather I'm engaging the paces.
In the time that I've been absent, I've noticed the following things:
- I went from being the top poster on the forums to fifth. You fuckers have been busy. = D
- I pretty much have only played League of Legends and Diablo III Beta. Beyond that, I've played the occasional Xbox 360 game, namely still trying to finish off Bastion, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Gatling Gears, and now working through 4-player co-op on Gears of War 3. With all the games coming out, I picked a good time to jump back in the fold.
- Most of you aren't reading this blog anyways, but I feel self-important because this is the goddamn internet.
- If you are reading this blog, then it means that you are either Claude (HAI2U2!) or someone else from the old school. Sometimes, it feels good to be old, right?
- I'm just goddamn rambling now.
It's good to be back. My <3 belongs to Giant Bomb, muthafuckers.