By Kyouya 1 Comments
- Level 5 will show off White Knight Story and announce a release date – Putting LittleBigPlanet aside; this is the biggest game Sony can offer that will target RPG gamers before FFXIII arrives. 2 years ago, critics and gamers viewed a trailer that showed an impressive real-time transition to combat. As a twist, I will also predict that the game will have a simultaneous release with North America and .
- Capcom will announce Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for multi-platforms – Remember Kevin Feige? If you’re a 2D fighting fanboy, you would think he is a God by now after what he said in this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. For those who don’t know who he is, Feige works for Marvel Studios as the President of Production. IGN asked him if there is a possibility that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 would ever be in the making. Feige, with confidence, replied, “Yes. And maybe sooner than you think.” is a fitting place for Capcom to make the announcement where still reign supreme. I will also predict that it will be coming to the Wii pending that they use the same engine from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. 2D fighting games are truly blooming in this generation.
- Kojima’s next game = Zone of The Enders 3 for PS3 - Okay, this one comes from left field, but hear me out. The cash cow, Metal Gear Solid 4, is finally running out of milk. The corporation certainly can’t depend on the Castlevania fighting game and Rock Revolution to be profitable. Before MSG4, Kojima had the right to do whatever he wants after making Konami valid again since…Metal Gear Solid 3. This still applies today after introducing the final chapter of Snake's life. Besides, ZoE 2 was never a terrible game to begin with. It just lacked appeal to gamers due to poor marketing. Outside of , has anyone seen a commercial for this game? I know I haven’t.
- Square-Enix will reveal the last 6 remaining characters of Final Fantasy Dissidia – Prepare to squeal, FF fanboys. The company is going to use the biggest stage to announce the remaining 6 characters for the PSP exclusive. Since Kefka made an appearance, I guess the only thing left is to satisfy FFVII fanatics by hogging at least 3 remaining spots with Cloud, Tifa and Vincent. Believe me, it’s going to happen whether you like it or not.
- Team ICO’s new game will be shown in trailer form – It’s been known that they have been working on something big that it impressed Shuhei Yoshida (one of the fathers of PlayStation). Although Fumito Ueda (Team ICO’s boss) comments that their latest game is still early in production, I expect to see a teaser of some sort. After all, if God of War 3 had one, why not this game?
Lastly, I would like to comment on the ridiculous theme used for this year’s Tokyo Game Show.
Theme: "Ready for GAME Time!
Really? Ready for GAME Time? Listen, I know they are trying to reach casual gamers. However, TGS always has a big crowd. In 2006, it had 3 times as much of E3’s attendance at over 190,000 people. 2007 was no different since they reached 193,040 people that included gamers and the press. I hardly think they are using this theme to attract more people. It also doesn’t help that it is being held at Makuhari Messe, a building that is almost 2 decades old with no expansion or improvement in sight.
So for those who are attending to the convention, get ready to bring your digital cameras for cosplay photo shoots, water bottles to avoid dehydration from the evaporation of human sweat that does not belong to you, and a foldable mini chair for the long lines in order to play the hottest games available in the show’s gaming floor.