By Origina1Penguin 31 Comments
I've heard many online opinions suggesting the PSP 3000 over the PSP Go. I've recently been heavily debating the purchase of a PSP, but I don't want to buy a Go if it is a poor fit for me. Besides the price, lack of UMD functionality, and some missing games from the Playstation Network, what is so wrong with buying a PSP Go?
Here are my conditions:
- I need super portability
- Battery life isn't really an issue
- I won't use it for anything other than gaming
- I won't have internet access when I play (not sure if this matters)
- I already have a Nintendo DS (fat original), but I don't play it much (already beat the games I like for it)
- I do own a PS3
- These are the games I KNOW I will buy:
GTA: Chinatown Wars
SMT: Persona 3 Portable
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
According to some quick research on Wikipedia, the only game I can't get for the Go from that list is Marvel: UA. Someone please let me know if that's wrong though. I'll also buy a few PS One classics (those are available for PSP, right?).
The PSP Go seems like a logical fit for me simply because I don't have to carry UMDs around, but again, I want some opinions to make sure it'll be a good choice. As you can probably tell, I'm not entirely knowledgeable of PSPs or even PSN, so please let me know any advice or information that could be important for my decision. So, should I buy a PSP Go?