By snide 96 Comments
Dave's Chili recipe
Cooking stuff needed
- Crock pot or slow cooker.
- 1 large frying pan.
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- One tablespoon or so Olive oil.
- 4 anaheim peppers (2 large green peppers can sub)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 onions
- 2 small cans sliced jalepeno peppers with juice.
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with juice.
- 2 cans pinto beans.
- 1 cup flour or corn startch
- 1/2 bag pre-shredded blended mexican or cheddar cheese.
- Lemon Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cover bottom of large skillet with olive oil, add diced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef, separate into fine chunks and add lemon pepper. Cook till brown.
- Strain beef to remove extra fat, transfer to your crock pot.
- Dice Onions and Peppers and add to pot.
- Add, beans, tomatoes and jalepenos to pot with all juices from cans. Add one cup of water using one of the cans.
- Add a few tablespoons of cumin, chili powder. Usually I use about a third container of each from your normal sized small spice container.
- Add half a cup of flour to one of your empty cans and fill it with cold water till 3/4th full. Mix with a spoon till creamy then add to pot.
- Let cook for 90 mins stirring every 30 mins, then repeat last step with more flour if it's not thick enough. Taste and add more chili or cumin as needed.
- Cook another 60 mins then add two handfuls of shredded cheese and mix into the chili.
- Cook for 30 more mins then serve with saltines! Enjoy.