Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Whats "Critical Mass" ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

So there are certain ground-pounding moves which in CRITICAL MASS turn into some heavy massive attacks, but i cant figure out what they mean with CRITICAL MASS..

do they mean masses of people around me? tons of vehicles? masses of soldiers/infected ?maybe critical mass as in when im under heavy attack while being wanted?  i tried all of those with all kinds of masses and it wont work, just pounds the ground.......

the ground-pounding moves (both under Combat) :  
    1.Groundshatter, which from comes the other move that only works in critical mass : Groundspike Graveyard Devastator
    2.Knuckle Shockwave, which from comes the other move that only works in critical mass: Tendril Barrage Devastator

so whats CRITICAL MASS?
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I believe the developers intended the term critical mass to be used in the same way it is used in physics - that is, it refers to the smallest amount of radioactive material needed to cause a nuclear chain reaction.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MB: can you please apply that to the game so i can know what i should do in order to make those moves work ?
    Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

The health bar in the top left hand corner of the screen is red, however, when you gain enough health - by consuming people - a blue bar will be added to the end of it. With this added blue bar visible you can perform your critical mass abilities, but be quick about it since it still counts as health, so if you're damaged the blue bar will go down as well.

I also think it works when you're low on health and the screen turns grey, but I think you need to buy the upgrade for it first.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ElectricBoogaloo:  yesss! thank you! funny coincidence that the times i tried to perform the Critical Mass moves i was short on health
    zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zander1123

when you get to the blue bar of health you can press and hold b+y or x+y to do a special attack. This is very usful on the last boss.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @zander1123:  yeah, those are the attacks i was asking about, i didnt know that critical mass means blue bar

btw i play on PC so b+y is mouse0+mouse1 and x+y is mouse1+E  :D 
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @ElectricBoogaloo:  yesss! thank you! funny coincidence that the times i tried to perform the Critical Mass moves i was short on health "
    There's an upgrade that gives you a sort of "last stand" ability where when you'd normally die you get a brief moment of invincibility and enough Critical Mass to pull off a single Devastator move. That's probably why.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @TheHT:  Yeah i bought that upgrade already. and Really when im in that condiction its considered critical mass? nice..

next time i get shit canned so hard that my health goes into that temp invincibility i'll perform those attacks, thank you.
    Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Vao

An interesting note about it, the more blue critical mass you have the more damage that move does.  theres a point midway though the game where two of these can take out a hive ur standing on, (later in the story all the buildings seem to get fortified though)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.