Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake Live

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 06, 2010

Quake Live is a 'free-to-play' web browser-based FPS from id Software. It is based on the popular game Quake III Arena, and focuses solely on online multiplayer.

system specs

Super_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Super_King

I know the required specs for this game must be really low, but I was wondering whether a netbook would be able to run it okay?

I'm thinking of getting one of the new asus or acer ones and it would be awesome to play quake live on it. 

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xruntime

If you mean notebook, then definitely. Notebooks aren't that much inferior to desktops in terms of gaming potential.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, assuming you mean notebook, a new one will run it no problem. It should have no trouble running anything 2 years old or more, unless it is a super super super cheap crappy laptop.

Super_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Super_King

Well I meant one of those ultra portable laptops like the Asus Eee - I think some people call them netbooks.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Joru

System requirements shouldn't be much higher than Q3 (except for ram since it's a browser game) so pretty much any computer should be able to run it.
    Q3 needed a Pentium II processor 223 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 8 mb video card.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By darkgoth678

YES, YES THEY CAN!!!

I was in the closed beta for Quake Live, I was shoked when attempting to log in after public beta opened... but anyway

I played quake live on my desktop (right) and it was wonderful. I also Attempted it on my Acer Aspire One Nettop and it ran great as well. You just have to make sure you turn down all of the settings and you'll be cranking at least 40-60fps

I even set the full screen mode and it still played great. Definatley a game to play on the nettop.

Also, make sure you use Firefox, WILL not work on Google Chrome (tear)  Safari, or anything else other than Firefox or IE
    TheRizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheRizzle

Yeah, I'm running Quake Live in XP on my Macbook, which doesn't even have a real 3D card and it works great. You shouldn't have any problems.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

Quake Live does use quite a bit more power than Quake 3, but Quake 3 is really old.  Disappointed that my rig gets framerate drops often in Quake Live, it's really inefficiently programmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.