Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 23, 1996

The follow-up to id's 1993 game Doom, and one of the earliest first-person shooters to make full use of 3D polygonal graphics and level design. Featuring a dark and gritty atmosphere inspired by gothic and Lovecraftian fiction, players traverse numerous dimensions in an attempt to stop the invasion of eldritch forces led by the mysterious "Quake".

Do these Quake compilations include anything extra?

Avatar image for shazb0t--defunct
    shazb0t--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shazb0t--defunct

I've been looking at Quake packages on Amazon, with the holiday season coming up. There's a compilation called Quake: The Offering, which includes vanilla Quake plus both mission packs. However, as you can see, the one remaining offer on it is insanely expensive. So I'm wondering - is there anything about that specific package that can't be acquired anywhere else, or is it just a big box with all three parts and no bonus pack-ins? 

I also have the same concern about Quake 2: Quad Damage. If it's nothing more than a compilation without any exclusive goodies, then I don't want to waste money when it'd be cheaper to purchase the pieces separately.

Finally, I know from listening to the chatter on the TNT back in August that Quake takes a bit of finagling to get running. What are the essentials, and where are some must-visit sites for necessary clients/add-ons/mods/maps/etc. that I should grab? 

Thanks in advance!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

Dude, almost 80 bucks? By that shit all separately, Quake and its two mission packs shouldn't be more than 20 or 30 bucks this day and age. Fuck that. Same with Quake 2. They're on Steam, aren't they? The compilations MIGHT have some sort of thing to make them work better with modern systems, but source ports are easy enough to find online. EZQuake, etc.

Also, both were before the days of copy protection and DRM if you know what I mean ;D.

jk. Don't pirate. Pirating if baaaad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.