Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quest 64

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 01, 1998

The first traditional JRPG released for the Nintendo 64, Quest 64 follows a young mage apprentice as he embarks on an adventure through the fantasy world of Celtland in search for his father.

This game is awesome

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Levio

If you like JRPGs, this is the game for you.  No story nonsense, no stupid gear collecting, no party mates.  Just you, infinite enemies, and about 2000 unique stat level ups available.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Arent those all the things people like about RPG though?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Necro!

But yeah, this game broke the mold in so many weird ways, and not all for the best. The tactical placement of your character seemed like it should have been more important then it was. The lack of combat XP, and leveling up through finding little sparkles in the environments was also quite a choice.. My teenage brain found it intriguing at the time, but I think it would be really tough to go back to now.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Efesell  Online

The ancient dead of posts but whatever shitting on Quest 64 is timeless as far as I'm concerned.

I was twelve when this game came out and even then I was like "wow this game sucks".

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no Aidyn Chronicles but you can certainly have a good time with Quest 64.

I give it an 8/10. One of the top five JRPGs on the N64 without a doubt.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noblenerf: I don't know that I could name 5 JRPGs on the N64...

Quest 64

Ogre Battle 64

Paper Mario

... All I got.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm a time traveler from the year 2041 and I've come to deliver a message:

The earth is melting and we're running out of time, and I'm afraid Quest 64 was never able to be redeemed, it's still a dumpster fire

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@efesell said:

The ancient dead of posts but whatever shitting on Quest 64 is timeless as far as I'm concerned.

I was twelve when this game came out and even then I was like "wow this game sucks".

"We went from Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, and Earthbound to THIS?!?!?!" said me as a kid playing Quest 64. Never before had the choice between beautiful sprites and ugly polygons been laid so bare.

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quest 64 just couldn't compete with the infinite storage capabilities of Compact Discs as seen utilized by the PlayStation (TM)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.