Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Did the texture issue ever get fixed?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I got Rage as soon as it came out, I was super excited to play it. However I decided to stop playing because there was that texture pop in issue that whenever you turned around you would see the blank slate and it would take a few seconds for the real textures to pop in.

Has this been fixed? (For PS3)

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

That is an issue with the engine, and it was known for a long time however as Carmack said its one sacrifice he made to get the game looking good and run at 60 FPS.

Honestly, you forget about it 10-15 minutes after playing.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

@SomeDeliCook: So your saying it never got fixed?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

As far as I know, no.

I beat it about a month ago and I know it still existed.

I think there was a patch that was released either the day it came out or the week it came out that made the streaming quicker (and installing helps) so I guess it depends on if you had the patch or not.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NTM

Hey! :D I just wanted to post on here 'cause I'm playing Rage right now as well. Just got it yesterday, and the problem was there in the 360 version, but if it's the same on PS3, then what I can tell you is that you really only notice it very early on for the most part. Man, if you haven't played far in, you should. I'm on the second disk, and I'm very surprised. I thought I was nearly done with the game (eight hours in), but now I think I'm only half way. Also, that's a very, very minor thing.

The graphics will grow on you, they'll never seem perfect, but they will always look fantastic nonetheless. I really like the part I'm at in the game, much better than the western-y first half. You really need to get passed the minor issue. It's kind of unfortunate you stopped playing because of such a small thing. It's a somewhat traditional shooter, but with better A.I. and better graphics to enhance the experience, which it does. Go play it, I think you're missing out. Also, just yesterday after I was done playing it, that was one of the things I had mentioned as one of the problems, not a big one, but one of them, and now, I don't notice it.

How far did you get into the game? I would like to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.