Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

Rage and Borderlands

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LocoRocker

both games seem pretty similar to me - the post-apocalyptic setting, a relatively open world, vehicular combat etc. i wonder which one came up with the idea first.
    who else is excited about this new post-apocalyptic wave of games? (fallout 3, rage, borderlands, gears 2, fuel...)

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By optimusprime223

they both seem really cool, just gotta decide which to go with!

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Begemot

Rage was confirmed to be the first. As for racing, its not only mini-game-racing, its your transportation throughout a huge world.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

Gears 2 is hardly 'post apocalyptic' , not in the way the other games you named are. Fallout of course really started the trend in games for this kind of thing, but out of Rage and Borderlands, they are still far different games besides the setting, one being a 4 player co-op FPS/RPG and the other from ID, so it will probably end with fighting through hell!(sarcasm, I actually love ID)

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Neopezz

I didn't look into Rage much just because Borderlands has co-op and a ton of guns.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JDDrewes

When I read the article in Game Informer it immediately reminded me of Fallout 3. I'm sure that there's some differences, but this type of open-world, post-apocalyptic, rpg seems to be getting pretty common.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I prefer Rage as I have come to love the atmosphere and engines ID uses. 

however I am really excited to play Borderlands with some close friends.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edwardryu

I don't like borderlands graphic. it looks like animation or something. of course, somebody says that is why cool. I say no more crap. people compare with fallout 3 or vegas, borderlands, I don't think that Rage is in the same environment even though it claimed post post apocalyptic world. I see that Rage is way better than two games. don't get me wrong. I just don't like fallout 3, vegas, borderlands. especially, fallout 3 & vegas just make me lost.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SLUSHiNaToR

I think Rage is going to be much better than Borderlands.. I tried to get into Borderlands but the story seemed so stupid and the quests were so boring and grindy it seemed so I stopped playing.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CptBedlam

Different games, both good in their own ways, but neither of them invented the MadMax-ish setting. So there's really no point in arguing about this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.