Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman 2: The Great Escape

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 10, 1999

Help to repair the damage done to the world and repel an evil pirate invasion in this critically acclaimed platforming adventure.

I have not played Rayman 2, will I enjoy the 3DS Version?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

There a few reviews of Rayman 3D about now, and most have been giving it low ish scores, but mostly cause its a port of a N64 game. Now I have not played any version of Rayman 2: The Great Escape, I enjoy Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, will I enjoy this game?
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro

I think so, it's not quite of the calibre of those games you mention, but it should be a decent fun experience for a first time player. I also imagine you'd like this style of game having mentioned those other titles. And with slim pickings till June-ish...  

I should point out something, some who have the game are experiencing black error screens, not myself, but certainly others. It should be remedied with an update, but still. F Ubisoft...  

if not Rayman, what else would you opt for? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@Hizang: I personallly think it's better than all the games you mentioned, except for SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie of course. It's a good length and it mixes up the game play pretty well. Plus you ride walking explosive shells as if they were horses, which can get pretty crazy. In case the reviews you've read didn't mention it and you don't otherwise already know, it's not an objective-based platformer like SM64, where you play on the same map an collect a special item like power stars by completing different challegnes. It's organized more like a 2d side scroller in 3d, where you go through a different stage each time with a theme fitting its area.
    rustyspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rustyspoon

I never played Rayman 2 either, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The 3D is kinda hard to play with (I'm not sure "3D" Platformers are the genre I want to play in 3D), but that could just be a personal issue. I'm honestly surprised with the scant reviews I've seen, cause this game is a ton of fun, especially for folks like us.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.