Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Quick ways to rack up bounty

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By El33tPanda

Hey guys, I'm trying for the $5000 bounty achievement and I'm having a little trouble. I know the building trick, I'm basically just camping out on top of the gray building in Blackwater, but every time I've killed most of the people, no one else is respawning and there are a couple of lawmen under my balcony perch. How can I spawn more people without getting shot by the guys camping under me?

derO23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By derO23

Here is what worked for me:
    Shoot a couple of people until the law gathers under the balcony. Hide until the wanted status is gone, afterwards some new civilians appear that can be shot. Took me about 45 minutes to get to the needed 5000$ bounty.

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By El33tPanda
    @derO23: Thanks, I'll try that right now
    Anto0on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Anto0on

Just shoot some marshalls in the desert and then just do it again and again untill you hit 5 000. Just be sure to bring medicine!

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By mordecaix7

Make sure it's daytime when you try this achievement.  It makes it a WHOLE lot easier because it's more likely people will spawn.

El33tPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By El33tPanda
    @mordecaix7: I just tried it in the day time and damn, got it in a few minutes.

One other thing that I've learned is that doing "shooting raids" on towns is also very effective. Go in on horse back, shoot anything that moves, kill the lawmen and run out. Then you can save, keeping your bounty for if you mess up on the next run. It makes it a whole lot easier having a save spot. Just a tip for anyone else attempting this.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

When you got some decent guns, just run between Armadillo and MacFarlane's, that's how I got it in no time flat.

Shot them poor sods of their horse the moment they came into view.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.