Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

So, I've been playing Red Dead Redemption...

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Demonstride

That game's pretty damn good eh? I mean sure I have spent like 40 hours picking flours and shooting birds but man is it fun I think it may pass ME2 in just addictiveness. Enough about my though I want to know what you guys think. Have you guys put in hours and hours in it doing pointless stuff or are you sticking to the story? 

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Demonstride

That game's pretty damn good eh? I mean sure I have spent like 40 hours picking flours and shooting birds but man is it fun I think it may pass ME2 in just addictiveness. Enough about my though I want to know what you guys think. Have you guys put in hours and hours in it doing pointless stuff or are you sticking to the story? 

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ki11tank

16 hours total play time, finished the story as fast as i could once i realized how boring the rest of the game was.  already sold my copy as well....

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonnyboy

I too have been playing the game for around the 40 hour mark and it's made me hate three things: Florists, all woodland creatures, and beta testers. Fuck 'em all.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

My brother bought it when I was at my dad's house, so I only got like 6 hours of play time. I didn't do much story stuff, but I didn't really care for the free roaming aspects of the game.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thejamster

noticed that i was about 24 hours in and i hadn't done the first story mission, roaming the wilderness is so much fun!

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By schizogony

I'm at  82.4% completion with a total time played of 2 days 19:28:55 (so, like, just under 68 hours).  I play online a lot though.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Rhaknar

yes, it was fucking good. I finished it with 37 hours because i just couldnt be arsed anymore with the challenges and just went and did story missions, but that doesnt change the fact that its amazing.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I kinda want to finish 100%, but got kinda put off, people who finished the game know my problem all too well probably :P

I love the online tho, picking random fights with people in towns, it's like the world pvp promised in those MMO's, but now without the lag, gear difference (well...) and his entire friendslist ganking you.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kazzurak

Ive completed the single player 100% but im not gonna do the multiplayer stuff it just seems so lame (win 3 consecutive FFA matches) seriously what if ur not that good at the game, they could at least have said win 3 matches and skip the consequtive thingy (the same thing about the 4 wins with a team). The only trophy i dont have beside the onlines is the mowing them down... that trophy is just lame. (i dont know my play time since its some time ago i played it last)

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By schizogony
    @Kazzurak said:
    " Ive completed the single player 100% but im not gonna do the multiplayer stuff it just seems so lame (win 3 consecutive FFA matches) seriously what if ur not that good at the game, they could at least have said win 3 matches and skip the consequtive thingy (the same thing about the 4 wins with a team). The only trophy i dont have beside the onlines is the mowing them down... that trophy is just lame. (i dont know my play time since its some time ago i played it last) "
    Yeah, online multiplayer achievements are always a horrible idea. 
    Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demonstride
    @Kazzurak: Hmm yeah those multiplayer achievements/trophies suck. Although, I haven't really looked at the list there's a hell of a lot of secret achievements though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.