yummylee's Legends and Killers Pack (PlayStation 3) review

The content is colourful but its asking price is a lil too steep

A blast from the past...in the past!

The first piece of paid DLC for the highly acclaimed Rockstar Epic, Red Dead Redemption, The Legends and Killers pack offers a few more bells and whistles to a gradually improving multiplayer component.

The Legends and Killers pack gives players eight new character skins, all taken from the spiritual predecessor Red Dead Revolver including the likes of Red Harlow, Jack Swift and Mr Kelly. All characters are very well detailed and come complete with their own unique taunts, some of which are appropriately hilarious. Along with the eight new skins comes nine new maps added into the PVP side of the multiplayer. They're all iconic locations taken from the world of RDR, but ones that we've all played through plenty of times amidst free-roam. They do make for some fantastic Shoot Out and Grab the Bag matchs but since none of them are actually anything new the fact that these were priced feels like a cheat.

Finally there's the single new weapon The Tomahawk. Incredibly satisfying to use, if hard to master, it plays much like a heavier and more powerful throwing knife. That said it doesn't give much new strategy but is still a really fun weapon to use and also brings with it plenty of new multiplayer challenges, some of which are markedly tricky such as trying to kill a player with the Tomahawk while they're mid-air.

All in all it gives a fair bit of new content, even if most of it all isn't particularly new in implementing new ways to play RDR's multiplayer. As such it's high price tag of £8/10$ doesn't nearly warrant enough of what you'd want from such a price and I'd easily advise it a skip for most besides the really hardcore Red Dead fans, or the people with a long line of nostalgia for Red Dead Revolver they want to snort.

Posted by Redbullet685

Posted by WalkerTR77

Posted by Yummylee
@WalkerTR77 said:
" The multiplayer didn't impress me, so I won't be buying any of these. I'm hoping for some extensive, GTAIV style single player DLC. "
Hard to say at this point. The sales of RDR aren't as strong enough to guaranty such a large piece of SP DLC is in the making. Would be sweet, though. Like one that centres on John's past life in his gang.

@Redbullet685 said:
" Good review, but Im not interested in RDR's online. Im just waiting for the zombie DLC. "
I'm really looking forward to the later packs too. The next one'll add multiplayer poker and Liars Dice which could make the game become a whole new type of addiction! =O