Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

So whadya think...

RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RBolduc625

Is the MP going to stick around for a while? Still worth getting this game?

SketchyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SketchyBrown
    I am well into my second playthrough of the SP campaign (this time on hard - and believe me it is HARD) with no end in sight. The MP matchmaking is quick and easy, in and out of games fast, unlocking new equipment/characters every few matches... it really is quite addicting.

The game's takeson Assault (two teams take turns attacking/defending key points on a map) and Control Points (control points around a map....) use the destructible environments to create a unique spin you won't find anywhere else.

Oh - and if you set the controls so you aim with LT and melee by clicking RS (as opposed to the opposite, which is default), it feels just like any other great 3rd person shooter out there.

Oh! And then there are the backpacks! There's that whole other level of depth to the MP matches that makes a well organized team something truly to reckon with.

tl;dr
    yup
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I enjoyed the hell out of the game, but I only rented it so I never got far. I plan on buying it one day, but honestly I'm not in that much of a rush. I have plenty of other games that I've neglected in the past (Mass Effect, GTA IV, and Orange Box).

I did enjoy what little I played in the MP, it seemed to have good potential. But like I said- I've barely tapped into it so I can't be too quick to judge.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

The multiplayer is an absolute blast. Much better than the SP in my opinion.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ArchScabby

I love this games MP.  It would be the only thing I'd play right now, but that dream kinda got crushed because of Battlefield 1943.  I do plan on playing it a lot more in the future though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.