Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Will Red Faction: Guerrilla be the suprise hit of the year?

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By VWGTI

This game seriously caught me off guard. I downloaded the demo over the weekend (I know I'm late to the party) and wow, what a game this is gonna be. I watched the Quick Look a few weeks back and thought it looked alright, but after playing the demo myself I am completely blown away.

The GeoMod engine is so amazing! Buildings break apart and crumble in a belivable way. I had so much fun playing around with the demolition charges and mech. Using the charges to take out support columns on bridges and buildings was great, but using a freaking mech to walk through buildings is my #1 highlight in gaming this year!

Suprisingly, the shooting mechanics aren't half bad. It all feels very similar to Saint's Row 2 (I think it's made by the same people). I had no problem popping off headshots or tagging enemies with satchel charges, which is hilarious watching them run around screaming before you blow them up. Even the on-rails part at the end of the demo was impressive and I usually hate the on-rails part in games.

If the full game can deilver the thrills found in the demo and stretch it out over 8-15 hours of gameplay I think we could have the suprise hit of 2009. I went from not wanting anything to do with the game to buying the game on day one. Looking around various message boards, I'm not seeing a lot of hype so I assume this game isn't on too many peoples radars. Just yesterday they announced jetpacks over at the official site. JETPACKS!

No Caption Provided

If you want to win, you’ll need to be able to get around the world quickly and efficiently.  The Jetpack allows you to get airborne and attack your enemies from above.  Try using the jetpack with remote charges to rain death on the opposing team or alongside the Arc Welder for a shock from above.

If air travel isn’t your thing, there’s always the Fleetfoot. The Fleetfoot pack gives you a temporary speed boost, which is helpful when using a sledgehammer or shotgun.  Increased speed will allow you to close the distance on an enemy quickly for a bloody kill, or run away from a fire fight while you still have some health. 

Source: http://community.redfaction.com/

This game is going to be amazing.

Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ottosmann

This game took me completely off-guard as well.  I can't wait to pick up a copy this weekend.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

While I'm quite enjoying it it hasn't sold very well at my store. In fact I think they only people who have picked it up were the ones who pre-ordered it and we even have about a half a dozen of those left. Sad really that such a good game is being overlooked.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

There's to much coming out to call that, there's still Dragon age, Borderlands coming out which I'm rather looking forward to but I do want to play this, I can just picturing me getting bored of destruction after a while.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PercyChuggs

It should be, but I have a feeling it will do less than well in terms of sales.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By vhold

They are marketing this game like crazy, but I feel the commercials are not doing a good job of showing off this game's true strengths.  The are showing too many quickly edited shots, many actions games do have to rely on that as a crutch, this game is not like that.  They should show a smaller number of longer destruction shots, that's what makes this game great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.