Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 21, 1998

Rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and civilian Claire Redfield must make their way through a zombie-infested Raccoon City in the sequel to Capcom's original "survival horror" classic.

This needs to come to Virtual Console or DS

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

Yes, it really does. I agree. Why thank you. Who are you? Me, I'm you!? That's who! Oh!! 

Okay, so this game needs to come to the Virtual Console. It really does. I won't give any reasons why because I don't have any besides that the game rocked on the 64. 

ALSO, I hope they do a remake of this like they did with Resident Evil DS. That game is still loads of fun. 

What do you say? You think it should?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i would love it. I have it on PSN and I would gladly buy it for my DS.  

hell, I loved  the DS port (master of knifing was awesome) and I wish i still had it (but i lost it ._. and it's not in production anymore, supposedly.) and i'd buy a RE2 port day one. 

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By SoulTaker

If Capcom gets rid of the tank controls and incorporate puzzles with the touch screen then I would buy a DS version of RS2.  But ,in terms of a VC version of RS2, I don't think its worth a buy.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I would rather have them remake it then port it to Virtual Console or DS.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

I would only buy it if it allowed you to save at any time, finding ink ribbons to save your game = no fun.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

Honestly I wish they would remake it much like they did with RE1 on the cube. IIRC it was ported but that was rare or something and still not the same since it featured the janky n64 graphics. Nice little updated version would be cool.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @Emilio said:

" Yes, it really does. I agree. Why thank you. Who are you? Me, I'm you!? That's who! Oh!! 

Okay, so this game needs to come to the Virtual Console. It really does. I won't give any reasons why because I don't have any besides that the game rocked on the 64. 

ALSO, I hope they do a remake of this like they did with Resident Evil DS. That game is still loads of fun.  What do you say? You think it should? "

It will be hard to see it happen, as the resident evil 2 game is a really big game, and the ds games have size constraints. :(
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio
    @Emandudeguyperson:  
     Havn't you ever done a no ribbon run?? Its a good challenge. :D 

@Zenaxzd:  
    I would also love a REmake 2. Just as long as it doesn't look anything like Resident Evil 5. 

@Jeust: @Jeust:  
    DS cartridges are increasing in space. And if they could fit RE2 on a N64 cart, they can fit it on a DS cart.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @Emilio: I think the closest we'll ever get to a remake of RE2 is Darkside Chronicles.  Not a bad game, but nearly the same, either.
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By buzz_killington

Well it is included in the PSOne Classics line-up from the PSN. So, yeah...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Jeust
    @Emilio: maybe, but it could suffer greatly. I don't think it's feasible.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

Yes please.  Resident Evil on my DS is always fun.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I played the hell out of RE1 on my DS and would play the hell out of RE2 if it was on my DS (My N64 controllers don't handle the game very well). Too bad that will probably never happen, both due to size constraints and the fact that it wouldn't make enough money for Capcom's suiting, much like the hypothetical REmake 2. 

Simply put, the time for clunky controls and preset camera angles as a selling point have passed (It cost Capcom about a dollar to port REmake and RE0 to the wii, so that doesn't count). Hypothetically, the best time for a REmake 2 to have come out would have been around 2002 or 2003.

xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By xpxTomxqx
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " I played the hell out of RE1 on my DS and would play the hell out of RE2 if it was on my DS (My N64 controllers don't handle the game very well). Too bad that will probably never happen, both due to size constraints and the fact that it wouldn't make enough money for Capcom's suiting, much like the hypothetical REmake 2.   Simply put, the time for clunky controls and preset camera angles as a selling point have passed (It cost Capcom about a dollar to port REmake and RE0 to the wii, so that doesn't count). Hypothetically, the best time for a REmake 2 to have come out would have been around 2002 or 2003. "
    I would love a REmake of RE2, it would be so good, adding in some more backstory! 

However, this is unlikely. A port of RE2 seems more likely for consoles for download either as XBLA / PSN / Virtual Console. Capcom would make a decent amount of money from this and all it would involve is porting the game and maybe adding some online leaderboards. Not very time consuming, I know many people that would download it as well.
    President_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By President_Evil

You could always play the Gamecube port on your Wii, although that particular version is kinda pricey.  I vote for a full-fledged third-person remake for 360/PS3.  Capcom's already proven in Lost in Nightmares they can still deliver some serious atmosphere, so a REmake of their most atmospheric game seems to be the next logical step.  We can only hope they're still open to the idea, having essentially redone the RE2 scenario in Darkside Chronicles...

Although having the N64 version on VC would be welcome as well, with the extra costumes, EX files, and selectable blood colors and all ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.