Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Shotguns

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

I sold my shotgun and bought the new one (jailbreaker).  So far it seams to me that this jailbreaker shotgun is the weakest shotgun in the game......is this true?  The only advantage I can see is the number of shells it can hold.  I wish I did not sell my last upgraded shotgun for this piece of crap.  Which shotgun do you recommend that I have for the end of the game?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

Don't sell any weapons! Why would you do that? When you fully upgrade the 1st shotty you unlock the 3 barrel shotgun.

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

M3 without infinite ammo, Hydra with infinite ammo.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShadowKiller

I strongly recommend the Hydra that you get after fully upgrading the 1'st shotgun. It doesn't do quite as much damage as the shotgun before the jailbreaker but it has a really good range and it looks awesome.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

Hydra is definitely the best shotgun, maxed out spread and you can kill enemies from a far distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Hydra Triple-Barrel is the "best" shotgun in the game--but it's an unlockable shotgun attained only by fully upgrading the Ithaca.  As regards the three standard shotguns, the Ithaca is the "all-around", the M3 is the "powerhouse", and the Jailbreaker is the "workhorse". 

The Ithaca can be really weak near the end of the game--the enemies don't seem nearly as responsive to it.  Just be wary. And, as a further tip, don't ever sell another weapon. You're losing money, big time.

KangShinChul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KangShinChul
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "The Hydra Triple-Barrel is the "best" shotgun in the game--but it's an unlockable shotgun attained only by fully upgrading the Ithaca.  As regards the three standard shotguns, the Ithaca is the "all-around", the M3 is the "powerhouse", and the Jailbreaker is the "workhorse".  The Ithaca can be really weak near the end of the game--the enemies don't seem nearly as responsive to it.  Just be wary. And, as a further tip, don't ever sell another weapon. You're losing money, big time. "
    Nailed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.