Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

New Screenshots Galore!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Dibs on this guy..
     Dibs on this guy..

Recently, CAPCOM-Unity placed up an article essentially retreading everything most already know about the upcoming team based third person shooter set in the iconic Raccoon City, during the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3; which lists as follows:

• Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
    • Triple threat battle as zombies and B.o.w’s add to the action.
    • Compete alone in Campaign mode as an umbrella Security Service member or in a four player co-op team battle.
    • Rewrite the history of the raccoon City outbreak. revisit classic moments from Resident EvilTM 2 and Resident EvilTM 3 and watch events unfold from the perspective of the umbrella Security Service.
    • Return of favorite RE enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, including leon S. Kennedy who is on your hit list to eliminate.
    • Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three corner combat between the umbrella Security Service, uS Special ops and threat of zombies and B.o.w’s.

Nothing new to take in there, however, packed in below is a bevy of new screen shots which confirm a few things such as the over the shoulder view (I think it'll be optional), the infamous Hunter BOW's, pictures of more undead meat shields, a possible cover system, and a closer look at the main four USS agents that are leading this entry.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In the contrary to the character in the pic, I find this revelation to be rather comforting
     In the contrary to the character in the pic, I find this revelation to be rather comforting

No Caption Provided

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

This could go either way, I think.

Still, it looks kind of cool.
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Crixaliz

The guy with the hoodie looks pretty cool

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gizmo

I will give any game that has both co-op & zombies in it a honest try.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

This could be interesting. I won't lie, I'm still disappointed that it's not a remake in a vein of the Outbreak series (which I have a serious affinity for), but it might be cool. Cautiously optimistic I guess.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Rohok

I can see my friend and I fighting over who gets to play the only good looking character- the stealth guy. Lol.

I guess I'll probably play the medic or the surveillance guy, because playing a big stereotypical black dude isn't on my agenda. Looks really good though. Can't wait for some coop!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @benjaebe said:

" This could be interesting. I won't lie, I'm still disappointed that it's not a remake in a vein of the Outbreak series (which I have a serious affinity for), but it might be cool. Cautiously optimistic I guess. "

Pretty much my feelings towards this as well. I would gladly shovel all this away for an actual Outbreak File 3, though it's still too early to judge how this'll pan out; and the screenshots are at least making it to appear pretty impressive, and while hardly a survival horror game, should make good with the RE license.

There's also a lot of new screenshots posted by Contra, at the bottom of this thread

One in particular caught my eye...

Tali?!...
         Tali?!...

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By The_Joker

Zombody Shield?

Really?
    Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Moody_yeti
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @benjaebe said:

" This could be interesting. I won't lie, I'm still disappointed that it's not a remake in a vein of the Outbreak series (which I have a serious affinity for), but it might be cool. Cautiously optimistic I guess. "

Pretty much my feelings towards this as well. I would gladly shovel all this away for an actual Outbreak File 3, though it's still too early to judge how this'll pan out; and the screenshots are at least making it to appear pretty impressive, and while hardly a survival horror game, should make good with the RE license.

There's also a lot of new screenshots posted by Contra, at the bottom of this thread

One in particular caught my eye...

Tali?!...
         Tali?!...

"
    ...Shepard?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @The_Joker said:
    " Zombody Shield?

Really?
    "
    I'm expecting a Lancer weapon skin pre-order bonus to crop up at Gamestop any time now.
    Cereal_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cereal_Killa
    Whilst i'm really interested in this game the zombie as a shield things makes absolutely no sense, wouldnt it just bite you? Wish it had a dedicated story mode that fit into the canon as well. A Battlefront style "kill the heroes" plot isn't that interesting to me.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sooty

Resident Evil 4 and 5 were already pretty much third person shooters, this just finishes the transformation :(

R.I.P Resident Evil 0 - CV

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Giacomito

If I can play as a Hunter and chop peoples head off.. I'm IN

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.