Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ridge Racer

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 17, 2011

Ridge Racer is once again a launch title in this PlayStation Vita iteration of the arcade drift racing series.

New Vita Ridge Racer is light on content. "DLC Announced"

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clstirens

A report just came out of Japan that the Vita version of Ridge Racer will include only 3 tracks (Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs, and Southbay Docks) and five cars. All of the tracks are recycled from the previous ridge racer titles (is anyone surprised they recycled maps?). However, they announced that DLC would be hitting as soon as December, which is probably the most frustratingly bitter sweet announcement ever. "Hey guys, this game is barely longer than a demo, but don't worry! We're hard at work producing actual content for you to then purchase on top of the base game!

My opinion on dlc depends greatly on the situation, but this is just terrible. Who is this for? I can't imagine fans are lining up to pay ¥3,980 (which is supposed to be about $52 USD) for 3 old maps and a handful of cars...

Sources: Andriasang.comJoystiq

EDIT: Although, to be fair, I've always heard that prices in Japan are a bit inflated. That being said, even if this were a budget $20 title in the US, I'd be really disappointed with so little content.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

This sounds like some business guy stormed in to the room and said "I don't care if you're behind schedule, this game is getting released". I doubt anyone actually thought 3 tracks and 5 cars was a good base game.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

Any Ridge Racer fan buying a Vita would be better served by buying the PSP game from PSN instead.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clstirens

@mosespippy: Pretty much, though I don't suppose the psp version had online play?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

@clstirens: I know the first one didn't but I don't know about the second one.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jetsetwillie

yeah this is a piss take. but remember the original ridge race on PS1 launched with just one track. so their track record (pun intended) is pretty poor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.