Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

6 Albums Coming

• 60 results
    roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By roborobb

no one mentions Nirvana :( what ever happend to the nevermind rumour in the original Rock Band??

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By A Likely Story
    RoboRobb said:
    "no one mentions Nirvana :( what ever happend to the nevermind rumour in the original Rock Band??"
    ...Like you said...it was a rumor.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Timma1083
    RoboRobb said:
    "no one mentions Nirvana :( what ever happend to the nevermind rumour in the original Rock Band??
    "
    It was never confirmed by Harmonix. They were giving examples of great albums that could come out, and they used Nevermind as an example, then people took it out of context saying they confirmed it, which they never did.

However, more Nirvana could happen, there just isn't anything to say its coming anytime soon, or even if its in the works.
    fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By fryedrycestyle

So yeah I'm starting to question Metallica's 'we won't go exclusive' because of the fact that Enter Sandman can't be transferred and not to mention that they've said that the people over at Neversoft are quickly becoming their new best friends...

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By A Likely Story

I wouldn't care at all if Metallica becomes exclusive to GH.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Timma1083
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "So yeah I'm starting to question Metallica's 'we won't go exclusive' because of the fact that Enter Sandman can't be transferred and not to mention that they've said that the people over at Neversoft are quickly becoming their new best friends...

"
    I'm going to either side with that side, or the other side which basically says "Hi, we're Metallica, we demand you pay us for every song we have ever done. Unless you pay us in full, you won't get our songs."
    fryedrycestyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By fryedrycestyle
    Timma1083 said:
    "fryedrycestyle said:
    "So yeah I'm starting to question Metallica's 'we won't go exclusive' because of the fact that Enter Sandman can't be transferred and not to mention that they've said that the people over at Neversoft are quickly becoming their new best friends...

"
    I'm going to either side with that side, or the other side which basically says "Hi, we're Metallica, we demand you pay us for every song we have ever done. Unless you pay us in full, you won't get our songs.""
    That sentence kind of confused me did you mean that it was just Metallica demaning more money for the song transfer? (AKA Metallica being Metallica?)

Because that hadn't crossed my mind.
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Timma1083
    fryedrycestyle said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "fryedrycestyle said:

"
    I'm going to either side with that side, or the other side which basically says "Hi, we're Metallica, we demand you pay us for every song we have ever done. Unless you pay us in full, you won't get our songs.""
    That sentence kind of confused me did you mean that it was just Metallica demaning more money for the song transfer? (AKA Metallica being Metallica?)

Because that hadn't crossed my mind."
    Yeah, thats what I'm getting at. Metallica wants money, nothing more. Since I'm guessing the bands aren't getting much money from the song transfer (Seeing as there's 55 different bands getting money from a 5 dollar transfer, plus HMX and MTV and EA possibly making money off of it) I'm assuming Metallica just wanted more money.

I think another possibility is maybe Harmonix offered them too little? I'm going to guess that Activision/Neversoft payed them a ton of money for Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Harmonix's offering might not have been enough seeing as they knew what they could get. This might also explain why Tokio Hotel's "Monsoon" (On GH:WT's setlist) off of the European disc isn't transferable either.
    drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By drok17
    Timma1083 said:
    "fryedrycestyle said:
    "Timma1083 said:
    "fryedrycestyle said:

"

Because that hadn't crossed my mind."
    Yeah, thats what I'm getting at. Metallica wants money, nothing more. Since I'm guessing the bands aren't getting much money from the song transfer (Seeing as there's 55 different bands getting money from a 5 dollar transfer, plus HMX and MTV and EA possibly making money off of it) I'm assuming Metallica just wanted more money.

I think another possibility is maybe Harmonix offered them too little? I'm going to guess that Activision/Neversoft payed them a ton of money for Guitar Hero: Metallica, and Harmonix's offering might not have been enough seeing as they knew what they could get. This might also explain why Tokio Hotel's "Monsoon" (On GH:WT's setlist) off of the European disc isn't transferable either."
    That's probably the case. I bet you that they're getting more money if they stay exclusive to guitar hero than if they were on both games. And yes I know battery is in Rock Band 2 but do you really think they're going to release more metallica tracks?

So now we have HMX/Rock band in one corner making games for the sake of the music and then you have Activision/Neversoft/Guitar hero in the other corner buying out all the bigs bands that way people are forced to play the game if they want a specific artist. This no longer a battle, its a war
    LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

megadeth's rust in peace is coming

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.