Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 4

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

An installment of the band-focused rhythm game for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Focusing on the core vocals, drums, guitar, and bass instruments, Rock Band 4 offers a new set of on-disc songs while supporting players' existing DLC libraries.

Anyone see the "gameplay reveal" yesterday?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks... A lot like the last games. Almost indistinguishable, actually. I'm sure it'll be cool, but I guess I'm disappointed that they seem to be settling for "another Rock Band", especially with the dramatic departure of Guitar Hero Live. There's just not much to get excited about.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Really I'm just waiting for the song list and how they handle dlc and stuff. I figured gameplay would be exactly the same as previous entries.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They want it to be compatible with all the past DLC so it can't be that different. And "another Rock Band" seems better than an FMV game.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I mean.. I just wanted another Rock Band so that seems to be what I am going to get.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what fans wanted, I think

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

The Judy Nails, Crazy-Taxi-ification character models look pretty dated, and that art style doesn't do justice for PS4 and Xbox graphical power, but they are just servicing the 5,000-10,000 hardcore fans who purchase the same amount of DLC as 250,000-500,000 casual fans, who will keep that money train coming after trading in their PS3s for PS4s. Plus Gerstmann types who just want the security of knowing their digital goods are there if they ever (likely won't) need it. Like the Jackboot party pack, there's probably an additional user base between casual and hardcore that will just pay the import fees on their previous collection and new instruments in case a family get together calls for it (same reason I got Wii Sports Club).

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guitar Hero's new guitar is actually way more interesting than more of the same Rock Band.

Man... Plastic guitar games...

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Couldn't give a shit about new Guitar Hero. Bring on the Rock Band.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm totally okay with it looking the same. I love Rock Band's look. I don't really want a departure so much as I just want a current-gen Rock Band platform. They could have just done a "Rock Band HD Trilogy" and I'd have been happy.

Still a bit annoyed about the lack of keys support. I get why, but man... I really liked the keys. Especially on Rock Lobster and Du Hast.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

The frate rate wasn't up to snuff based on the stream, but I'm sure they're gonna fix it by the time it comes out.

You also need to remember that Rock Band belong to a type of music game where the most important part is not necessarily the gameplay (Gitaroo Man, Vib-Ribbon, Amplitude) but the music itself. Back then, you choose between RB and GH based on the track selection, and it seems like Harmonix understood that, because if you compare the six songs they have announced so far and the possibility of DLC compatibility to the Guitar Hero Live soundtrack so far... I don't get why people would be excited to use the new Guitar Hero Live controller, when the song list is that disappointing and when that niche of more complex gameplay have already been fulfilled by Rocksmith.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the new drum fill system. The old was was completely undone by even the slightest amount of input lag, this one makes a lot more sense.

Looks pretty awesome to me, I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel here, just keep the download library intact and iterate where you can, and I'm a happy drummer.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Guitar Hero Live looks pretty terrible (besides maybe the controller) so I'm glad they aren't doing that.

New =/= better.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guitar Hero Live is single player, Rock Band 4 is multiplayer, I'm 1000% more interested in Rock Band 4.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@kevin_cogneto: How exactly do the new drum fill sections work? I missed the reveal and I'm not able to watch it at the moment.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@jjweatherman: Instead of just throwing a section of empty "play whatever" note highway at you, they built a catalog of drum fills that that the game will insert dynamically, and it sounds like they'll rotate depending on the genre (and time signature, I assume) of the song.

Based on the gameplay they were showing, it looks like you're not penalized for any notes you miss during the fill, and it doesn't break your combo at all. As long as you hit the green crash note at the end, you'll still trigger your overdrive, even if you messed up the fill they threw at you. But if you nail the fill it's some kind of score bonus, I can't tell if it's increased multiplier or just a flat bonus though.

Also they said you can turn it off and use the old fill system, or turn off drum fills altogether.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

It looks a lot like old Rockband but that's exactly what I want. The 6 songs they've revealed so far are a good mix, too. Can't wait for this to drop.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really don't want them to reinvent the wheel. Rock Band is a great product. Bringing it out on the new consoles while ensuring that the DLC I already bought still works, great. I don't need fancy graphical updates, and pretending I'm in a band. I mean on one hand the presentation of Beatles Rock Band was gorgeous and brilliant, but when I'm playing those games I'm staring at the track to see what to hit next, I can only ever have a passing appreciation of the background graphics. So long as the game is still fun, I really don't care if the graphics are "using the full power of the PS4 or XBox One"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.