Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 4

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

An installment of the band-focused rhythm game for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Focusing on the core vocals, drums, guitar, and bass instruments, Rock Band 4 offers a new set of on-disc songs while supporting players' existing DLC libraries.

Rock Band 1/2 Import question

justinblum2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I was wondering if there was a easier way to import the songs from older games without having a 360. I do not have any of the copies of the game anymore so I am not sure how this would work. Would I have to buy new copy's of the games?

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TepidShark

@justinblum2k8: You need copies of the games.

In the case of Rock Band 1 you can buy an export key for $5, so you could probably use a used copy for that one, though you do the actual process export through the game itself. (More detailed link)

Rock Band 2 (and most other exports, I think) require a code so if you got a used copy the code probably wouldn't work. And in some cases (I think Lego & Green Day) you can't export any more.

If you already exported in the past, you should already have those available for Rock Band 4 eventually, but Harmonix has just not made them available yet.

Hope that helps.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

With Rock Band 2, you can perhaps get a code from an EA correspondent through here https://help.ea.com/en/, I just got one the other day. From there, you'd need a previous gen system and Rock Band 3 in order to input the code into the game to pay for and download the export. Like TepidShark above me says, for RB1, you need to purchase the $5 export key on your system's store, then in the RB1 menu you go to an option that says, "export songs."

If you've already done this process for RB1 and RB2, then you will be fine once Harmonix puts up the exports to be downloaded for RB4.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You WILL need a 360.

Due to licensing issues, many songs likely won't ever be available as "public" DLC and only accessible for owners of the original games.

As such, you'll need to do the export steps RB2, 3 and others required to verify that you are "allowed" to DL the songs.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@redbullet685: You said you recently got a code from EA, were you able to successfully export rock band 2?

I

From what harmonix site says they don't offer it any longer. I'm looking for Playstation, are you on Xbox?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

@wallee321: I'm on playstation, and since I don't actually own a copy of RB3 (which you need to use in order to input the code), I haven't been able to test it yet.

Akuyazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just tried to get a code from ea support and they said they don't support it anymore.

is it the 20 bonus dlc code that you get? i still have mine but that didn't work inside RB3 to export RB2

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@akuyaziI was able to get a code from EA the week before Rock Band 4 launched. I spoke with one of their reps in a live chat. It all depends on who you get, because I've been hearing varying reports as to whether it actually works or not. The guy I got told me that he thought all the codes were expired, but gave me one anyways. When I input it into the PSN store on PS3 it downloaded "Rock Band 2 Export Key." It did not allow for export, but merely put the ability to purchase the Rock Band 2 export pack into the Rock Band 3 "Get More Songs" menu option. I had to pay $9.99. Once I purchased that I was able to export all of my Rock Band 2 songs.

I would try again with another rep. I told the one I spoke with that I was aware that Harmonix took down the web page, but was willing to pay for the ability to export my Rock Band 2 songs to Rock Band 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.