The Rubies of Eventide wiki last edited by bdhurkett on 01/26/15 03:51PM
View full history
Rubies of Eventide was originally developed by CyberWarrior Inc. and on February 14th, 2004 CyberWarrior shutdown the game due to low subscription rates.
After shutting down the servers two former CyberWarrior developers and the original game Founder setup a private game server to play with their family and friends. Dedicated fans of the MMORPG eventually found out about the private server and managed to gain access to it.
In 2004 the company Mnemosyne LLC founded by Julia "Cyr3n" Howe and Jeff "Scapegoat" Grubb, took over managing and maintaining the game. In April of 2009, 6 years after the original release of Rubies of Eventide Mnemosyne LLC was no longer interested in maintaining the game and handed it over to the original games founder Marc "Huan" Howe who then shut down one of the games two remaining servers.
Shortly after in July of 2009 Marc took Rubies of Eventide offline and then permanently shut the game down in August of 2009.
Spell Caster Occupations
- Aeolandis - Language of the Leshy
- Heiroform - Language of the Elves
- High Gundis - Language of the Orcs and Ogres
- Old Praxic - Considered the “old tongue”. Used in remote regions and by many mages as a sign of respect while performing their rituals.
- Runic - Guttural form of speech used by Gnomes and Dwarves
Death was handled in a unique way in Rubies of Eventide. There were two choices when it came to resurrection. The first was simply having another player reach your corpse and drag you back to a Temple for resurrection. The other player would pay gold to have your character resurrected with your inventory intact up until the point of your death. There was a chance your character would suffer negative resurrection effects but the more gold paid the less of a chance this would occur. The alternative was simply choosing to resurrect at the Temple at the loss of your inventory and a chance of suffering a negative resurrection effect.
Negative Resurrection Effects
When resurrected in Rubies of Eventide you character could suffer one of three negative effects:
- Experience Loss - A permanent loss of experience that could drop below the requirement for your current level. You would not lose the level or skill points if this occurred but your level progress would be slowed.
- Stat Loss - A permanent loss of hit points or magic points and in some cases both. You could always purchase the lost points back by investing development points upon acquiring your next level.
- Permanent Death - After repeated deaths if your maximum hit points or magic points even reached 0 your character would permanently die.