Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Ryan Davis Tribute video using Persona 4 the animation.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

So I took up video editing as abit of a hobby after following the long running AMV Hell series. AMV Hell is Animated Music Video Hell, and can be summed up as anime video edited into a skit.

Small bite sized comedy matching audio to video for funny effect.

They run a small challenge thing recently as well as accepted clips for AMV Hell 7, 10 years of AMV Hell and I got a few clips accepted into it and hope they make an impression.

One of the clips I have been most proud of is my AMV Hell Challenge clip for the recently ended "Fandom" challenge. It was a pretty bad challenge filled with injokes and people saying "I like the clip...but the joke flew over my head, I don't know what this is about. Was there a fandom in this?"

However I never made this clip to win, I made it because I wanted to, I found it to be very therapeutic It helped me deal the loss of Ryan, I now feel like I can see how Vinny and Drew editing the "Thats Ryan." video as their tribute could have helped them in such a hard time. We are nearing the anniversary of Ryan's passing I thought its now the time to showcase it to fellow Giant Bomb fans and they should enjoy it.

Here is my little video and my little tribute to Ryan.

Link to Amazon to buy the song.

http://www.amazon.com/Giant-Bomb-Theme-Song/dp/B003NO72Y2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403497377&sr=8-1&keywords=Evan+brass

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is great, good job duder!

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was rad duder! Awesome!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I remember listening to the end of that one podcast just to hear that song a number of times. Especially sad to hear the "Ryan Vinny Jeff and Brad" given past and present shifts in the staff. Always good to see a tribute to Ryan <3

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akyho

I must give thanks to not only Evan Brass who made the song waaaay back, thanks to the first Giant Bomb TV style video a community member( Mattgt128 ) made for GB waaaay back as well. Those two duders were contributing super early into GB life and now look at where GB has come in everything including community content? We also have such things as the Persona Golden Duder award! That I also used as part of the video. http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/supernormalstep/blog/persona-4-the-golden-duder-project-gb-crew-as-p4-c/96302/

If it was not for all these community duder projects I would not have made this one. This is a tribute to the community and GB as much as it is as tribute to Ryan. Keep it all up! Vinny and Drew get a special nod as I do love their video editing and even as a hobby of sorts for myself I fully get how much enjoyment you get out of video editing.

Original video by MattGT128 that helped inspire me.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TIL that AMV Hell is still going...

Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Awesome job duder! Also, I totally forgot that song existed. That was such a long time ago. Good ol' days.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Milkman

Wow, haven't heard that song in years. Brought back a lot of memories.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akyho

Thank you all for the kind words and glad I could help recall people's memories of past not only in memory of Ryan but also in memory of alot of things.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man, I want that cookie Ryan had. Also, cool shit.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Fallen189

This website suffers every day in that dudes absence. He left a very big gap.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This song gets stuck in my head every now and then, years later. Awesome work on the video

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By mrfluke

fuck, that original music video was the greatest. still heartbreaking knowing that he's not around anymore..

shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

That song is so good. Brings you right back. Makes you miss him a lot.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am glad everyone has been enjoying my video, I spent many hours pouring over it and more than I should as I completed it in 5 hours including the sourcing of footage, however I spent a few more hours watching and rewatching trying to fine tune it until I just had to stop working on it. Needless to say much like the rest of you guys I too have this song stuck in my head as I listened to it for many many hours and the thing is? I still pour of my video deeply analyzing it and listening to the song. It is that good I cannot hate it after a few hundred times.

So anyone else interested in the full version here is where I found it. http://www.amazon.com/Giant-Bomb-Theme-Song/dp/B003NO72Y2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403497377&sr=8-1&keywords=Evan+brass

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nice tribute, i was expecting a bit more P4 stuff but that was fun to watch.

I kinda look at the whole P4-ER as a tribute to Ryan since he named the main character.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm pretty sure that song was at (or near) the very top of my Last.fm scrobbles at one point. So fucking great.

Also cool job you did!

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Original Music, indeed.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Holy shit that song, that's old school. You know I hate to be that guy, but the days back then were so much more raw and crazy. I really do miss them and Ryan...

SandwichApoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work! And of course, if anyone brings up Giantbomb TV intros, gotta drop this 1980s version in here as well

Loading Video...

bilbomarks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally forgot how amazing this was. :)

Nice work! And of course, if anyone brings up Giantbomb TV intros, gotta drop this 1980s version in here as well

Loading Video...

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By jamin
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miss that duder. Thank you. :)

1337gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 1337gmr

I LOVE this site.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Holy crap, I remember when they played that song on the Bombcast back in... what, 2008? Pure radness.

Bury my heart at Giant Bomb, duders. I love all you guys in a socially-acceptable heteronormative way (but I'm willing to make exceptions if that's too boring).

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What others have said: I love this site. I miss Ryan, of course. Great staff, great community, great site. Proud to be a duder.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not have much to say that I have not already said about Ryan and GB on this anniversary of a sad event . However I do wish to share one of my favoured Ryan moments, it was one I got to share in.

Loading Video...

My side of that video was TNT starting up I had gotten Max Payne 3 and completed it, loved playing multiplayer. So I said to myself "I am going to try to get on TNT!" I did as you can see my name on the player list. So I had to move between rooms to see the stream and play my xbox. Due to the server issues and loooong load times I was watching the stream more. I think we had a few games and this happened. I was waiting to play listening to the guys through the house. I then hear Ryan going mental about pigeons what? So I walked through and was with an astonished Ryan and then two bobbing Pigeon heads. I was laughing hard in the door war as I saw this.

A personal memory I was able to share with Ryan in a weird way.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lovely done! Giant Bomb and Persona goes hand in hand.

jonc151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Kittiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh wow, awesome work, duder!

Also, thanks for the link to the track on Amazon MP3, I heard it used as a musical interlude on one of the This Year Bombcast highlight compilations and always wanted a copy, and now my wish has been fulfilled. <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.