Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row 2

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

The clone that surpassed the original returns with the even more over-the-top sequel to Volition's popular open-world mayhem generator, Saints Row.

Cannot play Co Op with my friend?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By beargirl1

Giant Bomb! I have always come to you hooligans for help, and i'm wondering if I could be assisted in this problem i am having.  

this friend of mine just got Saint's Row 2 and we want to blow the shit out of everything in the very well made Co Op mode. now, I have beaten the story mode with my friend on Co Op, so i have no real problems with Co Op before.  

i've only played co op once with this guy, and yesterday when we tried to play, i got a strange, un-detailed error.  

"You Cannot Join"

really? this is Street Fighter IV all over again.  He had the same problem joining my session, too. 

it's not a problem on my end, since I played co op with another friend shortly after, and it's not a problem (i believe) on his end, because he has no problems with his internet as far as i know, and plus we play Red Faction occasionally so we don't have much problems connecting.   

Thing is, i don't know much when it comes to internet problems and stuff.  has anyone had this problem before? if so, how can I fix this?   

I'm playing the PS3 version. 

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl

Try out the Test Xbox Live Connection in the main options, it could be a NAT issue. Get your friend to test it on their end.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1
    @Daryl: oh geez, i forgot to mention that I was on the PS3 Version ><  
    but i believe we do have something similar to that, so i'll try it out. 
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Daryl
    @AjayRaz: Sounds like NAT restricting you in some way. I have Saints Row 2 on the PS3 and, either nobody plays the online competitive modes, or I had some NAT issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.