Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row 2

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

The clone that surpassed the original returns with the even more over-the-top sequel to Volition's popular open-world mayhem generator, Saints Row.

Is SR2 worth picking up after SR3?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

I LOVE Saints Row: The Third. I really love the game. Before it came out, I didn't even bat an eye at SR1 or 2 based on sheer ignorance and the perception that it was a substandard GTA clone.

As I near the end of SR3, I'm considering picking up SR2. Finishing the game will be so bittersweet for me and I want the experience to continue. How does it compare to The Third? Is it as crazy silly? Is it lacking anything that SR3 has? Or should I just mosey onto something else like Just Cause 2?

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Hosstile17

In short, yes. Saints Row 2 still features all of the online co-op that the third has. Plus, it is a much longer game. There is a little more tedium and a little less focus on set-piece missions. But, I feel like Saints Row 2 is totally a game you should play. I like Saints Row 1. But, I have rose-colored glasses for it. You should probably skip the first and just play 2.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

lot more of a thug life parody than sr3 but the mechanics are largely the same, lacking a few refinements.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The controls aren't as tight and it isn't quite as crazy.. But I think the mission structure was a lot better, the story was more compelling and the activities were a lot more varied and fun.

SR2 is better than the third, in my opinion.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mfpantst

No.  SR2 forces you into some pretty bad side missions to advance the story.  So no.  Also money is a thing, where it isn't in SR3

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By asger

On a sidenote:

Anyone tried out the new DLC: Gangstas in space? Is it any good? I would love to hear your thoughts on it :)

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Asger: http://www.giantbomb.com/saints-row-the-third/61-25725/gangsters-in-space-is-out-and-is/35-536568/#34

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By asger

@bonorbitz: Thank you :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.