Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Another game being remade for current gen

• 54 results
    m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6083609/saints-row-4-ps4-xbox-one

Will be available for $29.99 or bundled with gat out of hell for $49.99

I don't know about anyone else but i'm kinda fed up of just everything from the last 2 years being re-made for the current gen consoles. Has the world just run out of ideas?

I know a lot of games at the tail end of last gen ran pretty badly but I cant help but feel this is a cheaper way of putting content on the xbox one and ps4 instead of actually trying to make something new.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know about anyone else but i'm kinda fed up of just everything from the last 2 years being re-made for the current gen consoles. Has the world just run out of ideas?

I know a lot of games at the tail end of last gen ran pretty badly but I cant help but feel this is a cheaper way of putting content on the xbox one and ps4 instead of actually trying to make something new.

Not at all, because those games at the tail end of the generation such as State Of Decay, Saints Row 4 and Last Of Us ran like poop and not everyone can afford a PC. As long as they are re-released at a reasonable price then whats the big deal? They'll probably wind up on PSN+ or something anways, doubt the resourced dedicated in porting the games over would hinder production on other projects too much.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gross.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

If this also came with The Third, I might be tempted to buy it on PS4.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jump on this if you played the console version. That game ran like ass on PS360. You will be shocked what 1080p60fps does for that game. Especially when you start trucking through the level using your powers.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least it's half price. If it was $60 I could seeing being frustrated.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@yesiamaduck said:

Not at all, because those games at the tail end of the generation such as State Of Decay, Saints Row 4 and Last Of Us ran like poop and not everyone can afford a PC. As long as they are re-released at a reasonable price then whats the big deal? They'll probably wind up on PSN+ or something anways, doubt the resourced dedicated in porting the games over would hinder production on other projects too much.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. There's no real harm in it, and the resources dedicated to it are almost never going to be detrimental to next-gen focused projects that are in development. In a lot of these cases, the porting work is largely outsourced.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If this means I can once again run around the city blasting I.D.G.A.F.O.S. on loop all in 1080p then SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This just makes me wish that they would release Saints Row 2 on PS4. That's the one I enjoyed the most out of all of them and it ran like garbage on 360, didn't look great either.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

This just makes me wish that they would release Saints Row 2 on PS4. That's the one I enjoyed the most out of all of them and it ran like garbage on 360, didn't look great either.

It runs like garbage on the PC as well, don't think that game will ever run well.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I haven't minded many of them but this one in particular doesn't need the extra power of the systems behind it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

I will likely buy this; I want to play the expansion pack, and getting to play a much superior console version of SRIV along with it seems like a fine deal. Though while I found SRIV to be... playable on PS3, it was certainly less than ideal. Plus it was fucking plagued with bugs and had a bad habit of crashing, though I believe that was true across all versions.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cloudnineboya

Im all for bringing remastered games to the new consoles its not like there is a ton of games to chose from. I rebought tomb raider for the ps4 after playing it twice on pc and had a great time playing it on the big tv while slumped on the couch, not having to worry why the performance got crappy and then finding out what i need to do to fix it, having to mess around with settings and feel like i'm missing out because i can't crank everything to 11, like hair physics i want lara to look her best without my pc taking a dump.

With it on the ps4 all i had to do is turn on tv/ps4 sit down and play and not care.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Or is used to learn the new SDK's for upcoming projects.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15 chaser324  Moderator

@zirilius said:

@chaser324: Or is used to learn the new SDK's for upcoming projects.

Yeah. That seemed to be the case on Tomb Raider.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game ran like shit on last gen consoles, so I'm okay with this. If they can make it look like SRIV on the PC, why not?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

Complain complain complain. Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ezakael said:

It runs like garbage on the PC as well, don't think that game will ever run well.

It actually runs flawlessly on my pc. Then again, it was specced for games like Battlefield 4, so I guess money can solve everything.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

I liked IV but the frame rate was so bad on 360. The bundle might be worth getting if someone does a trade in deal like Gamestop did with Last of Us.

If anything, I'll check out the standalone expansion on PS4. At least there are options!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

For those interested^

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Player1

@gunslingerpanda said:

Gross.

How so? It ran terribly (nearly unplayable) on the ps3 and 360 and will now get a chance to run properly on the next gen consoles. If any game truly deserved a remake of this nature it is Saints Row.

It will presumably run great on these new consoles and its offered for half of the price at that. Please tell me how this is "gross", especially compared to other remakes of its nature that are selling at higher price points.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:
    Loading Video...

For those interested^

That looks stupid as fuck. I can't wait.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, I love that trailer.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#24 riostarwind  Moderator

At least the price is right for this one. 30$ is more than reasonable for any remastered game coming out again on PS4/Xbox One. At minimum the expansion looks like it'll be worth getting.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The fact that it comes with all the dlc and it's only $30 makes it an incredibly tempting offer, but I highly doubt even that will get me pick it up. Still, good on 'em

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the last gen versions seemed to be widely considered to be bad ports I don't see a problem with this.

Not everyone has gaming PC's people.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Considering the last gen versions seemed to be widely considered to be bad ports I don't see a problem with this.

Only Saint's Row 2 was a bad port. Saint's Row 3 and 4 launched day and date with the console versions and were great! I'll pay 20 bucks for that stand-alone Gat content.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By csl316

@zirilius: When compared to the PC, the past two ran like garbage, though. I was fine with it, but then I saw a PC stream and saw how crappily those versions looked in comparison.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

thevgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At that point, why not port The Third as well and bundle it in? It's the same game, basically. Hell, why not go and port one and two, that'd be reasonable. In fact, everyone should just stop making new games and become porting houses to port every single game ever released onto the new consoles, and make that port available on Steam as well, alongside the original release because why the fuck not?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

just reminded the comparisons of Saints Row 3rd on PS3 to PC, so why not?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

@zeik said:

Only Saint's Row 2 was a bad port. Saint's Row 3 and 4 launched day and date with the console versions and were great! I'll pay 20 bucks for that stand-alone Gat content.

While it's true that PC gamers tend to exaggerate how bad console ports can be (Far Cry 3 for example), that doesn't make them "good" ports. Those games definitely had technical issues that could be resolved and improve the experience.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

just reminded the comparisons of Saints Row 3rd on PS3 to PC, so why not?

People should watch the QL of SRIV to get a good look at the HUGE difference between console and PC. It's night and day when they halfway through the QL switch from 360(?) to PC with 60 fps. Especially for such a fast paced game.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By TheMasterDS

This ran like shit on 360 so it'll be rad to see it run at full speed.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who doesn't have a super-powerful PC, I absolutely love these current gen ports.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

That's good for people with only consoles. I bought it for the 360 last year and it was un-fucking-playable once you reached the open city part. The frame rate went down in the singular digits and would inevitably freeze the game. I eventually played it when it came to pc, but having essentially wasted money on a bunk version kind of soured me on the game and I never finished it.

With that said, I'm liking this trend of last gen games getting ported to current.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It ran fine for me on PS3. Though, this was my first time playing it two months ago after a 6GB patch.

So hey. It's cool for those who missed out on it and have a current gen system. I'll be getting a new PC sometime next winter so I'm more excited about the Gat out of Hell announcement.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RonGalaxy

It's not being remade, its being ported. And Im actually excited that it is because I never got a chance to play saints row 4. I heard the console versions were crap and my laptop probably can't run it that well so this is good news for me!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@zirilius said:

@zeik said:

While it's true that PC gamers tend to exaggerate how bad console ports can be (Far Cry 3 for example), that doesn't make them "good" ports. Those games definitely had technical issues that could be resolved and improve the experience.

Other then a couple co-op bugs that stalled progress what issues are you referring to? I played both on PC with 0 issues so I am genuinely curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this really a surprise anymore? i dont even know why announcements are necessary when seemingly EVERY last gen game is coming to PS4 and XB1. i mean without these last gen titles the new gen systems wouldnt have many titles at all!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kotaku is saying the Gat DLC is 19.95, and this article is saying Saints Row 4 new-gen is 29.99 but a bundle of SR4 and Gat DLC is 49.99

.......if all the info is accurate, buying them seperately will save you a few cents. Its Plants vs Zombies 2 all over again.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By pr1mus

I don't know what world people complaining about this are living in or how long you've been playing games in general.

There is a difference between a port to another platform and a remake.

Valve made Half-Life 2. Once. It's one game. They released it on PC and then on the Xbox and later on 360 and PS3. Resident Evil made its way to the Sega Saturn a year after launching on PS1. Remedy made Max Payne for PC before Rockstar ported it later on PS2 and Xbox.

Games are released on tons of different platforms all the time, always have been and not always moving forward with better hardware. The 3 examples i gave already are proof of that. Games going from PC, to old consoles, to new consoles... etc.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

I don't know what world people complaining about this are living in or how long you've been playing games in general.

There is a difference between a port to another platform and a remake.

Valve made Half-Life 2. Once. It's one game. They released it on PC and then on the Xbox and later on 360 and PS3. Resident Evil made its way to the Sega Saturn a year after launching on PS1. Remedy made Max Payne for PC before Rockstar ported it later on PS2 and Xbox.

Games are released on tons of different platforms all the time, always have been and not always moving forward with better hardware. The 3 examples i gave already are proof of that. Games going from PC, to old consoles, to new consoles... etc.

I don't really get it that much either, most of the ports are games I missed out on waiting for a total collection or just missed out on period(Sleeping Dogs, the new Tomb Raider) games I rented for a day but never finished (Saints Row 4) or games I really enjoyed but stopped playing after I beat them once (Last of Us, Metro series)

All of which I eventually buy again because I enjoyed them the first time and they are games I know I liked and would enjoy with upgraded versions plus all the DLC is included.

I think part of people's complaints is that there is more AAA ports being released than there are brand new AAA games.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally missed the boat on Saint's Row IV last gen, so this is something I like seeing.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kotaku is saying the Gat DLC is 19.95, and this article is saying Saints Row 4 new-gen is 29.99 but a bundle of SR4 and Gat DLC is 49.99

.......if all the info is accurate, buying them seperately will save you a few cents. Its Plants vs Zombies 2 all over again.

What are you even talking about?

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook said:

What are you even talking about?

Five cents, man! Five Cents!

Do you know what you could buy with that?!

Because I don't.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

That DLC looks pretty alright. If I can play as Kinzie I'm in.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played it myself, and even though for me a purchse on PC still seems like the better option (PC is starting to struggle with newer games though), I don't see any problem about the way they're doing this. Hell, if I fell I won't get a good performance out of the PC version, I might even consider picking this one up.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like this in a way. This game ran like crap on my PS3 (honestly they probably should have waited for the new consoles, but I get that there may be reasons that they could not) and even though it is probably my least favourite Saint's Row game, I do love the series and I would consider rebuying it. Also at least they have a reasonable price for it. 29.99 for a remake is cool, plenty of other remakes like Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, etc have come out for the same price that they were a year ago on last gen. As long as the DLC is substantial enough to justify the addition in price I have no issue with a version including it for more.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ripelivejam

@capum15: put it in the bank, go a thousand years into the future, and compounded with 12% interest thats million bucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.