Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Broken Nyte Blayde Mission?

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By simian

Has anyone hit this on the 360 version? It's the "nyte blayde return" mission and what's happening is that when you meet up with Josh in the filming area (after you clock him) the game continues to reload the screen, similar to if you're character get's trapped in the the environment and needs to be reset. Sometimes Josh is on a table or in a chair but others times he's right besides me. You can't proceed since you're constantly having the screen reloaded (the black guns that flow across) and no matter how far you run, you get reset to the last point in the checkpoint.

Basically missions totally broken.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kandycane2029

I've had that happen in Co-Op during an activity, but haven't had this happen during a mission. I've also had the game glitch on me when I was doing the Hijacking objectives from the Saints Book. The target vehicle would load in and immediately blow up. Nothing would attack it or anything, it would just explode on its own.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By simian

I'm also getting the irritating Genki S.A.R.C bug but since that's optional (and the challenges are sort of boring), I was willing to let that one slide.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By IkariNoTekken

@Kandycane2029: Yeah, fairly known issue.

I've found the best way to combat it is to start the vehicle target activity; make note of the vehicles location and then cancel the activity. Now go find the vehicle and start driving/flying it away, then start the activity and return it immediately.

Managed to get past that problem but ever since the recent patch (Dec 12th) my friend and I has been having multiple disconnects in co-op.

~

@simian: Haven't had the issue your referring to. Can only ask the obvious; have you tried clearing the cache? Do you have another save you can go back to?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By MetalBaofu

I know this thread is old, but I just had the problem too, so I figured I would post what I did in case it helps someone else out.

I tried restarting the checkpoint and what not and I kept having the problem, so I went back to the Xbox dashboard and started the game back up. Started the mission and went up the elevator in the building. Then I stood and waited for the "checkpoint reached" message on the screen to completely go away before going in the room to trigger the cut scene where you knock Josh out. I skipped said cutscene and it worked fine from there.

I have no idea if waiting for that checkpoint message to go away did anything, or if I just got lucky. But hey, if you are having this problem, it's worth a shot, I guess.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

@MetalBaofu: Thanks for the help, I followed your exact steps and everything worked out. I was just starting to enjoy myself when this shit happened and I was really bummed out. Thanks again :)

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Vinny_Says: Yeah...running into something like that can really suck the enjoyment out of a game. Glad it worked for you.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By foggel

Had the same problem. I quit the mission, and did another available one. That seemed to fix it.

markusespar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By markusespar

I encountered the same issue, ended up solving it simply by turning the PS3 off and on again.

No Caption Provided
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By laserbolts

@simian: Exact same thing happened to my roomate when he was playing but a quick mission restart fixed it for him. It's only at the beginning of the mission anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.