Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Rent Saints Row: The Third?

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By DevWil

It's crossed my mind that it may be more reasonable to rent Saints Row: The Third than buy it. It doesn't necessarily seem enormously replayable. Am I mistaken?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By warxsnake

No, it can be finished rather quickly and once the story is over... well, there's not much else unless you actually like the activities or you can wipe out the remaining gang hideouts and buy every establishment, fuck around with the weapons and vehicles.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@warxsnake said:

No, it can be finished rather quickly and once the story is over... well, there's not much else unless you actually like the activities or you can wipe out the remaining gang hideouts and buy every establishment.

Or you can take your time and enjoy it. It took me sixty hours beat the game, and I still have some side-activities left over.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x

You're pretty much exactly right. As long as you're not concerned with maxing your achievements from the game, renting it would probably make more sense. The story can be blasted through in eight hours or so, and the activities aren't as plentiful as they were in the second game. It's a lot of fun, though.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By prestonhedges

No games are replayable nowadays.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kashif1

Depends on what your going into it for

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mars

I think it is absolutely worth a purchase. Was on sale for $35 at BB last week. Ridiculously fun game.

DevWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By DevWil

@gladspooky: a bit of an exaggeration.

thanks, everybody.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strainedeyes
    @Hailinel

@warxsnake said:

No, it can be finished rather quickly and once the story is over... well, there's not much else unless you actually like the activities or you can wipe out the remaining gang hideouts and buy every establishment.

Or you can take your time and enjoy it. It took me sixty hours beat the game, and I still have some side-activities left over.

What? I'm sorry but sixty hours is insane, what have you been doing the whole time that you still have activities left?
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By N7
    @Geo7877 said:
    @Hailinel

@warxsnake said:

What? I'm sorry but sixty hours is insane, what have you been doing the whole time that you still have activities left?
    Probably looking for Professor Genki. I spent fucking four hours looking for him and didn't find shit. Fuck that guy.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @N7 said:
    @Geo7877 said:
    @Hailinel

@warxsnake said:

Probably looking for Professor Genki. I spent fucking four hours looking for him and didn't find shit. Fuck that guy.
    Is there a reason to find him other then for the money? I've heard things about him but haven't found him either.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7
    @SuperWristBands: He's just money. He'll drop 100k when you kill him and if you buy that upgrade that doubles people's drops, you can get 300k. Some people have said to have gotten 500k from him. I don't know if that is true or not.
    zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zels

@DevWil said:

It's crossed my mind that it may be more reasonable to rent Saints Row: The Third than buy it. It doesn't necessarily seem enormously replayable. Am I mistaken?

If you're in the EU you may want to consider this deal (10 pounds, new, PC version, amazon.co.uk)

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

You can say that about almost every game out now. 
    I prefer to own physical things though, so I buy everything.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By strainedeyes

I finished a mission and was writing a text message not paying attention when shit started to blow up in the game. Needless to say I dropped that Genki bastard.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@Geo7877 said:

@Hailinel

@warxsnake said:

Just doing whatever. Picking fights with gang members, running from cops, shopping, survival missions, jumping off of high-rises, stealing cars, blowing up Emus...

I mean, hell. It's not like doing the missions is a requirement.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@DevWil: You are not mistaken. I thought that the story was a blast and full of a lot of great moments for the 8-10 hours or so it takes to beat it. Sadly I thought the side missions were terrible with the exception of the Genki and Insurance missions. You get none of that craziness and unique charm that the story provides when doing any of the side missions and activities. and I felt it made everything else in that game feel mundane and generic. Mostly because beneath the cut scenes and great situations is just a serviceable third person shooter. When you remove a lot of that personality you just get repetitive and boring activities.

So yes it is a great rental, everything other than the story you can skip past for the most part without missing anything special. The story missions are fantastic though.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

Saints Row is a rental at best. Unless you can find it super cheap on PC or something.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By bibamatt

Yeah, it's probably worth a rent! I rented it and decided that I disagreed with pretty much all of the people heaping praise on it, so didn't buy it.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I regret buying it, but I would definitely give it a rent. The crazy shit in the story is done really well and can be alot of fun, but after that is over I was really bored. The gameplay is sub-par and the city isn't very interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.